“Hilton Garden Inn - Springfield IL”

Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was in Springfield for personal business and stayed at this hotel. As a Hilton Honors member, I try to stay at a Hilton property on both business and personal trips. This hotel is easy access to the interstate highway, very clean rooms and compentent staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
StacyHamlin, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thomas G,

Thank you for choising to stay with us during your travels. The staff takes great pride it providing a comfortalbe and clean environment for all our guest. We hope that you will come and visit us soon.

Elizabeth W.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Springfield

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Overall my experience with Hilton Garden Inns in the past has been very good. This location needs a little help with customer service. I prepaid for this room and upon my arrival at 3:00 p.m. the room was not ready. I was attending an event at the convention center so I couldn't wait for the room so instead opted to use the public washroom in order to get ready. Upon my return to the hotel at 7:00 I was lucky enough to be checked in my someone in training and the check in process was clumsy and inefficient. The whirlpool/hot tub did not work and the switch to turn the jets on had been disconnected. Too cheap to fix it guys? I expect better service from a Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGISpringfieldIL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. We are very sorry your experience did not offer you the quality of service you deserve. We strive to give exceptional service every day, for every guest; I sincerely apologize for falling short during your stay. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Warm Regards,
Stacy Hamlin

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was very happy with this hotel. The room was clean, comfortable, nicely furnished and quiet, even though it was close to the interstate. The Breakfast buffet was very nice. We had made to order items and plenty of other choices as well. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
StacyHamlin, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully next time you can experience a nice evening in the Garden Grille for dinner as well. Next time you are in the area, stop by and see us. Our doors are always open for you!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a sporting event with our kids. Large group (approximately 25 were there). There were several notable things about this hotel that led me to write a review:
- Facility was really beautiful. I travel for business extensively, and this is one of the nicest hotels I have been in at this price point. Extremely clean, well-appointed, beautiful lobby space, lots of room to congreagate. Modern, updated furnishings. Busienss center had a couple of computers. Food is cooked-to-order. Free coffee in the lobby all day. Pool was small but very clean and well-maintained.
- Cooked-to-order breakfast was included in our room rate. The food was very good. Small bar was on site for the evenings. We did not eat dinner there but the menu looked very good.
- The staff was really kind, very accommodating, and extremely helpful. We ended up stranded in Springfield an extra night due to a freak snowstorm, and they rebooked us with no problem. They had ice scrapers at the front desk for guest use the next morning, and were busy keeping the lot clear.
- The rooms were well-appointed, clean and nicely furnished. Bathroom was standard, but clean. TV had all of the channels you would hope to have. Here's the only negative thing I have to say about the hotels: beds are really hard! The second night we booked a king room with an "adjustable bed" but the adjustments didn't work.

Despite the issue with the beds, I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for choosing to stay with us last weekend. We enjoyed having you. It's good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the bed not adjusting to your standards and hope that next time you have a better experience with our Garden Sleep System (GSS) bed. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again for your next convention!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Had I known at the time I made my reservation directly with the hotel, that there was a cheerleader convention ,I would not have chosen to stay at that time. I didn't find out until we were already there. I did mention this to the girl at the front desk at check in, but she didn't give me an out. She did put us as far away from the girls as possible. It would have been nice to know beforehand.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

On behalf of all the Employees and Staff of the Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, I would like to apologize for our inability to exceed your expectations during your recent stay.

We continually strive to ensure all our Guests receive superior service and a quality stay, and take, very seriously, any time we fail to meet those expectations. Please be assured that we will take all necessary steps to remedy the situation so that it does not happen again.

Again, my sincere apology for any inconvenience we may have caused you, and hope you will continue to use the Hilton Family of Hotels for all your travel needs.

Warm Regards,
Stacy Hamlin

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn is very comfortable to stay at. All the staff is very friendly and helpful. Easy to get anywhere in Springfield from their location. When we go to Springfield, which is quite often, this is our first choice of hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad to have you stay with us when you visit the Springfield area. Send your friends and family to see us when they are in the area. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Hello, i stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, in Springfield. we found it online and noted it was the cleanest from the online pictures.--after we arrived, i was immediately impressed by two great people. Sean the bartender, and Renaldo, the front desk employee. Not to mention the awesome Tiara who checked us inn and spoke with me on the phone. I'm amazed that these special people took the time to care about my trip so much. I really enjoyed being here and hope to come again soon, even if its just to see how they are doing. Thanks so much for providing such kind and caring people, that is nothing less than what i would expect from Hilton.
Hoping to visit you all soon,
Jalapeno(erin)

Room Tip: doubles are queen sized beds.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the Springfield area. Our doors are always open for you!