“Awesome”

Red Roof Inn Springfield
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
“Awesome”
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff and great stay. Just what me and my husband needed . Also nice that there was a coffee pot in the room! Would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there in the future. We stayed for the first two days of our honeymoon.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank abschmitt
rrispringfield, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for your review on your Stay. Although not fully renovated yet, we pride ourselves on being able to offer a clean place , quiet area to give our guests and opportunity to rest from their journeys . We appreciate your feedback on your experience and we look forward to being able to have you as guest in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night on our way to Kansas City. When I walked in the desk employee was in the lobby sleeping. He checked me in quick and was decent. I was surprised that AAA was taken here! They must have lowered their standards! I asked for non smoking 2 doubles/queens, got 1 king and it reekkkkeeeddd of smoke. Everything was dusty and dirty. The carpet was worn and gross. It was 40 bucks so I guess you get what you pay for! Lesson learned.....do not stay here!

• Stayed March 2013
I apologize for the experience you had during your stay. It is our goal to not only meet expectations but to exceed them and in this case it sounds like we did not accomplish either. I have spoken to my team about this goal and as always we are committed to our guests and their expectations of a nice place for a nice price.

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We found this on hotels.com and it looked like a perfect location for our stop over at the Lincoln museum. When we pulled in, there were security people in the lot (not always a bad sign...). We checked in, went to the room and found hair and toenail clippings in one bed and a greasy head stain on the headboard. We went down to see if we could get a different room, no problem...the 2nd one had dried vomit and beer bottle tops on the floor. If it had been cleaned, the only thing we could think was that they rent the rooms by the hour between guests. We fled immediately and found a great Travel Lodge down the road.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your resent review . I apologize for the problems you had on resent stay. Will go over these issues with the staff to ensure they are handled. Thank you for taking the opportunity to stay with us choose us again if you’re in the our area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stay at the Red Roof Inn once a week for work and the staff are always very professional, friendly, and helpful. It did not take long for David, the employee who checks me in, to remember me by both name but also room preference. He always makes sure I am satisfied and usually offers some friendly conversation during check-in giving the check-in a welcoming feel. He also usually offers a phone call to make sure the room is okay. The rooms are always clean and inviting. The staff working in the morning, Precious, is equally helpful and friendly. She makes check-out a breeze which is nice as I am usually running late to work. She always greets me with a smile and was also very quick to remember me by name. I highly recommend this hotel based on the amazing staff.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your resent review . Our staff is always willing to help ensure our guests are very comfortable in their stay. Thank you for taking the opportunity to stay with us and please choose us again if you’re in the our area.
whitehall il
Reviewed 12 February 2013

we love staying at the red roof inn in springfield...always get treated great...we recommend david Wilson he has always been a great check in guy and they have excellent service....we highly recommend this hotel it is clean and the desk clerk makes sure everything is taken care of we will come back often

Room Tip: upper deck rooms way to go
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
rrispringfield, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Thank you for your recent stay information . We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay experience , We take great pride in giving you a great place to stay and offering you great customer service. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Non smoking room reeked of smoke. There was road noise from the freeway and local road. The hotel backed to dark area that felt unsafe. I stayed in other similarly priced hotels which were much better.

• Stayed January 2013
rrispringfield, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
I apologize for your experience at our inn. We are located off of the interstate and our guests do find the location provides convenience but we do try to place our guests in quiet areas if requested. We try an remain vigilant on monitoring our smoke free rooms for guest who may smoke in them and we will continue to stay on top of this so our guests can enjoy their stays in a clean and friendly environment. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.
Auburn, Illinois
Reviewed 25 January 2013

The desk clerk David Wilson is one of the best I have seen, always friendly,cordial and helpfull even called the room to be sure everything ok, he get a "thumbs up" from me. Inn#40 I will definately come back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your stay. We appreciate your feedback on your experience , We pride ourselves with able to offer a clean place and our staff enjoys giving great customer service. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.