“Regular hotel, with a little small town grunge.”

Red Roof Inn Springfield
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Toronto, Canada
“Regular hotel, with a little small town grunge.”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Booked online through a third-party provider. Showed up within two hours. Slow lineup. The lone man at the desk was complaining that the online guys overbooked the hotel. Found a room for the man ahead of us. We were first of five more groups, all pre-booked and pre-paid, and all worried about where we'd be spending the night. We got our room; the next group got theirs and I can't tell you about the rest.

The room was a half step down from the previous Red Roof Inn, and there was no continental breakfast. Free phone, though - including long distance. But it was OK, and we slept very well. Staff really was pretty friendly.

Room Tip: Our upstairs room had a very little TV background noise through the wall.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PaulMmm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 29 July 2013

On July 26th 2013, my family and I were exhausted so we pulled over in Springfield IL looking for a hotel. After finding out 3 of them were filled we came to Red Roof Inn. We stayed in room 254 and 256. Once the door opened we all crashed before you could even say goodnight. The next morning my nephew and I were sitting on the bed when i kept scratching my wrist and legs. I had 4 bites, I thought it was weird because they weren't there before we went to bed. Before we letf my nephew and I were pulling back the comforter to make sure we weren't leaving anything behind when we noticed it was covered in 'DRIED BLOOD'. My 10 year old nephew started freaking out because that was the bed we slept in. I immediately went to the service desk at which time the woman acted as if it was no big deal. She just stood there looking at me all most as if to say 'what do you want me to do?'. I told her my nephew was freaking out and not even an apology was given. She told me to take a card for the manager and to call her. I stood there in shock that she didn't even act concerned. She then stated 'well I can take 20 dollars off you room'. I said yeah do that. Absolutely horrible. If you are tired and there is no where else to stay but this place...... Sleep in your car.

1 Thank 352drent
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The furniture's a little outdated but the room was very clean! The staff is also nice as well, especially that Precious! I called her several days before my reservation to make sure I got what I needed and she couldn't have been more helpful!

• Stayed July 2013
rrispringfield, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for your review on your Stay. Although not fully renovated yet, we pride ourselves on being able to offer a clean place , quiet area to give our guests and opportunity to rest from their journeys We always enjoy hearing about the experiences our guests have at our hotel.
Will let Precious know of your compliments he has from you. Thank you.We hope to have you stay with us again.
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Horrible service!!! Nasty rooms! Horrible uncomfortable beds and linens. The manager began beating on doors and rudely insisted we were over check out.... The knocking begin at 9:30 am..... The general manager got involved in a confrontation with members of our party. His physical body language was threatening as he proceeded to chase members of our party out of their rooms. Never again.

1 Thank Travelingmusician1
Akron, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Of all the budget motels we have stayed in on our x-country trip, this is the absolute worst, though not the cheapest. We reserved a non-smoking room and were given a room reeking of tobacco smoke. We returned to the harried desk clerk, who insisted it was a non-smoking room, but who readily gave us a different non-smoking room; this one also smelled of tobacco smoke -- and the in-room smoke detector had been disconnected -- but we were too tired to go argue again. This is the shabbiest room we have stayed in and there is no breakfast included, though the cost is higher than other places we've been in that did offer breakfast. The only positive is that the free internet actually has a strong enough signal to be worth using.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joan F
rrispringfield, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
I apologize for your experience at our inn. We try an remain vigilant on monitoring our smoke free rooms for guest who may smoke in them and we will continue to stay on top of this so our guests can enjoy their stays in a clean and friendly environment. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town."
Cabot, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 July 2013

It was the cheapest,but certainly not the best place.... But then again, its a "get what you pay for" world, isn't it?

The room and furnishings we're well worn.... It appeared to be clean, at least superficially.... Did not see any bugs, though

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review on your Stay. I apologize for the experience you had during your stay. It is very important to us not only to your meet expectations but to exceed them. As always we are committed to our guests and their expectations of a nice place for a nice price. We appreciate your feedback on your experience and we look forward to being able to have you as guest in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Holy hell! I booked it because a sight listed it as a 3 Star Hotel at a great price... WRONG! First of all, It is a 1 Star and really should be a 0 Star. We check in and check right out...

The room was so small the King size bed barly fit, let alone us and our stuff. The AC was on full blast when we entered and it was still hot, humid and I was sweating like a hog. The wall paper was peeling off and the carpet curling up. The furniture looked 100 years old and there was a glorious tube TV to set things off. We bailed, demanded a refund and found an amazing hotel.

Avoid this place like the plaque...

Room Tip: Set yourself on fire, before letting this horror into your life...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulYou
Thank you for your review on your Stay. Although not fully renovated yet, we pride ourselves on being able to offer a clean place , quiet area to give our guests and opportunity to rest from their journeys .We hope to have you stay with us again.