“The best service!”

Red Roof Inn Springfield
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
“The best service!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have been on this Hotel for one night, the service of the hotel very good! They gave us all we want when we want. Especially David Wilson is very gentle, he was so kind with us, and his attention was excelent giving us all we want.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Marion, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have had pleasant stays at red Roof inn in Springfield on more than few occasions and was very happy and satisfied with their friendly staff,cleanliness and easy access y in the city.
i would recommend this motel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Gotzens, Austria
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The man behind the front desk was friendly, but when we opened our room, we experienced a very bad and strong smell, like ten wet dogs. Returned to the front the desk, the manager explained, that this is a pet friendly motel, but we were offered to change the room, what we did. The next morning i recognized two bugs on my bed, dont know if bedbugs or cockroach....it was just disgusting! Never would stay in this Motel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This place is absolutely disgusting. Tried to check me into a room that hadn't been cleaned, full bowel movement in toilet, used towels everywhere. Decades old TVs. 56k WiFi speeds. Took a full 10 minutes for Tripadvisor to load. Leave now. Leave. Now.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
rrispringfield, Manager at Red Roof Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for taking a time a doing this survey for us and I am very sorry for bad experience at your stay.
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My dad booked two rooms for the night. We checked in and there was one man working the front desk. He said it was one of the busiest nights. The hotel was booked solid because of the state fair. The man at the desk was a little rude, but he apologized. We got to our room, there was no hairdryer. We had to go to my dad's room to use his. The drain in the shower drained very very slowly. I dropped something so I got on the floor to pick it up and under one of the beds was a half empty bottle of Gatorade. It was literally right there, so if they would've bent down, they could've picked it up. We got home from the concert we were going to and I pulled back the sheets to find a smallfeces smear on my bed. There were red stains on the carpet. When we first got there, we went past the front desk to go to the vending machines. A man was complaining about his bed not being made. We called to get more towels and were very rudely told that they could not bring us towels, that we would have to get them ourselves. It was in a nice part of town, but was a shady hotel. $49 a night can't get you too nice of a room though. Ya get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank gbartron
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Booked online through a third-party provider. Showed up within two hours. Slow lineup. The lone man at the desk was complaining that the online guys overbooked the hotel. Found a room for the man ahead of us. We were first of five more groups, all pre-booked and pre-paid, and all worried about where we'd be spending the night. We got our room; the next group got theirs and I can't tell you about the rest.

The room was a half step down from the previous Red Roof Inn, and there was no continental breakfast. Free phone, though - including long distance. But it was OK, and we slept very well. Staff really was pretty friendly.

Room Tip: Our upstairs room had a very little TV background noise through the wall.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PaulMmm
Reviewed 29 July 2013

On July 26th 2013, my family and I were exhausted so we pulled over in Springfield IL looking for a hotel. After finding out 3 of them were filled we came to Red Roof Inn. We stayed in room 254 and 256. Once the door opened we all crashed before you could even say goodnight. The next morning my nephew and I were sitting on the bed when i kept scratching my wrist and legs. I had 4 bites, I thought it was weird because they weren't there before we went to bed. Before we letf my nephew and I were pulling back the comforter to make sure we weren't leaving anything behind when we noticed it was covered in 'DRIED BLOOD'. My 10 year old nephew started freaking out because that was the bed we slept in. I immediately went to the service desk at which time the woman acted as if it was no big deal. She just stood there looking at me all most as if to say 'what do you want me to do?'. I told her my nephew was freaking out and not even an apology was given. She told me to take a card for the manager and to call her. I stood there in shock that she didn't even act concerned. She then stated 'well I can take 20 dollars off you room'. I said yeah do that. Absolutely horrible. If you are tired and there is no where else to stay but this place...... Sleep in your car.

• Stayed July 2013