President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Beaufort, SC
“Great location”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel itself is pretty much average, but the location is fabulous. We were in town to see the Abraham Lincoln Museum and Library, so we were able to walk there. It was a Sunday evening and the restaurant was closed, so we ate in the bar. The food was good and the service was excellent. I wish I could remember the server's name - he was so nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
NiceBogdanovich, Public Relations Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you were able to take advantage of the food and location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I spent five days at the Doubletree and would definitely recommend it. We did not need a car because the location was so close to everything. It was a short walk to the Amtrak Station and an even shorter walk to most of the main tourist sites in town.

We were greeted with warm cookies and fresh fruit. Our room was your typical hotel room -- two double beds, large TV, desk, night stand, etc. We were offered a room with a mini-fridge, which we took. There was a good variety of stations on the TV and Crabtree & Evelyn shampoo, conditioners, etc. in the bathroom. There was also a coffee maker. The room was clean and comfortable.

The concierge recommended a restaurant up the street, which we tried and enjoyed. We had a fair number of requests for the front desk (plastic spoons, extra cups, extra shampoo, Fedex envelope, etc.) and everything was cheerfully provided.

We ate dinner one night at the hotel restaurant, Lindsay's. It was reasonably priced and the food was good.

On the downside, there is no laundry room (although they will send out your dry cleaning). The pool changing rooms were closed. The hot tub had an out-of-order sign on after the second day, but appeared to be functioning. I asked at the front desk and was told that the chlorine levels were too high, but that it was otherwise safe if I wanted to use it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
NiceBogdanovich, Public Relations Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Baystater,

I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel after your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that you and your husband enjoyed your experience at the President Abraham Lincoln Springfield-a DoubleTree by Hilton. I am sorry that you weren't able to use the hot tub after the second day of your visit due to maintenance. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Our room was modern and clean, and nicely decorated. Had a good view of the downtown area too. Bed was comfortable. The front desk service was very good - polite, efficient, and friendly.

If you have a car, note that there is a charge for the adjacent parking garage. Not bad, though. When we went it was $7 for a 24 hour period.

We had a cocktail in the lounge. Atmosphere was a little bland, and the lighting too bright. But the young man who was tending bar was great.

Breakfast service was pretty unfortunate, which is too bad, because the quality of the food was very good. The kitchen staff deserves a good review. As to service, specifically (1) We had to wait too long to be seated, (2) They spread our party of 8 across 2 tables, although they easily could have accommodated us if they had moved a few tables together by a banquette wall, and (3) We were asked straight off, "Will you be selecting off the menu or having the buffet?" Well, that's hard to decide before we see a menu or know what's on the buffet, isn't it?

Overall, the hotel was very nice, and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors give more interesting views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you were overall happy about your stay. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience at the restaurant. We will make sure that will not happen in the future. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.

Northbrook, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My stay at the Double Tree in Springfield Il. was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. I was in Springfield for a business trip and the hotel was clean and the employees were excellent. I will use the Double Tree for my next trip to Springfield.

RunawayBoomer,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that you had a great stay at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield-a DoubleTree by Hilton. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the location of the hotel as you visited the great sights in the area. I apologize for the service quality you mentioned in the restaurant. We will discuss the matter as a team to ensure that this does not happen again. We hope that when your travels bring you back to Springfield, we will remain a top choice for you.
Pontiac, Illinois
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The rooms were very nice and the beds were very soft and comfortable. The service was slow in the restaurant for breakfast. Also, we were disappointed that the hot tub was not in working order. The location was easy to get to.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience at the spa and the slow service at the restaurant. We will fix the issues right away and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.

Crete, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is my third stay with the Springfield DoubleTree. You have the warmest, most comfortable bed, bed linens and pillows of any hotel that I have ever stayed. I would love to know where I could purchase your pillows and linens. The room is quite cozy and aesthetically pleasing

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and enjoyed the comfortable beds and pillows. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.

Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was an excellent trip with the exception of a hair left on the shower wall. The hair was there for most of my stay and was removed on the day before I left. Breakfast was an excellent experience, the hotel was close to my company's training center and the staff was very helpful from the time of my arrival until the day I left. They even provided a ride to the training center so that I would not get wet in the rain. That one act of kindness and service is a step above all of the rest.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I am happy to hear that you had an excellent experience at our hotel. I apologize for the cleanliness issue in your bathroom. We gathered with our team to make sure this will never happen again. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Springfield.