President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Pekin, United States
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Love staying at this hotel. When we travel to Springfield this is the first place we try to book. The price is great...the location is EXTREMELY convenient to all the of the Government buildings, as well as the historical information. Safe location, we love this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bob V, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Manda B,

Thanks for your very kind review. We are happy that you enjoyerd your stay and found our location perect for your needs. We sincerely appreciate all of our guests comments and do hope that you will return to SPringfield soon!!

Bob V,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

The service is exceptional at every detail. The food is amazing. The wine was excellent. The hot tub was beyond amazing. No complaints at all!!! The value for the money is great, and all of the services offered were top rate.

Dear Tosha D,

Thank you for your outstanding review of the President Abraham Lincoln. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that yopu will return soon!

BobV,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Perfection location to walk to all important Lincoln related sites. Only used the car once during the weekend to drive to the Lincoln tomb. Very impressed with the Lincoln homesite area, Museum, Old State House, tours of law office and the war memorials in the Oak Ridge Cemetery.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kathye,
Thank you for the great review. Happy to hear that you enjoyed our location. We pride ourselves in having one of the best locations for everything Springfield has to offer, from historical sites to great restaurants.

Come back and see us soon!

Harrodsburg, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Recently spent a couple of nights in Springfield during a convention we were facilitating. The President Abaraham Lincoln Springfield provided a great stay.

The check-in desk staff were very friendly. The warm chocolate chip cookies didn't hurt either! Water infused with fresh-fruit was available daily (very refreshing!). There are plenty of seating areas in the lobby that were great for our group to lounge around and catch up during our downtime.

Our room was very clean, with a great view of downtown Springfield. The beds were comfortable, nothing spectacular, but did provide a great night's rest.

Will definitely consider this hotel if ever in Springfield again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob V, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear jingerelle,

Thank you for your very complimentary review. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and especially the chocolate chip cookies that are given to all of our guests upon arrival.
I hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Springfield.

Woodstock, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Not sure how I always seem to choose the hotel that has the huge groups of kids, but I do. Checkin and parking was a little confusing - not clear where to go and was given no option other than self-park (even though I found out later they do have valet parking available).
Just as I got settled into the room, I noticed a lot of doors banging, kids running in the halls and being obnoxiously loud. I waited a little while figuring maybe they just arrived and would settle down. At 10:00pm I finally calld the front desk. I was told that security "should be on the floors" but never saw a single security guard. At 11:30 pm, determining I was clearly not going to get any sleep any time soon, I went down to the front desk to ask if there was anything within walking distance to get a drink. I again mentioned the obnoxiously loud group and was told "oh they are with youth ministries." I mentioned I didn't really care who they were and was disappointed that the hotel didn't much care about the other guests not with that group. I was told "they should quiet down after midnight" (they didn't until close to 1 am). After several complaints the front desk did offer to move me to another room but also explained that there were no rooms available on any floors without kids from the group on them. Being so late and since I was already unpacked and tired I chose not to move rooms.
The next evening was the same loud, rude kids so I asked if there were any rooms away from the group. I was told they could move me to a room and it was very pointedly mentioned that it would be a room upgrade. The room I was moved to was bigger but not really nicer - as noted by the mold in the shower, lack of refrigerator (which my first room did have), and air conditioner that seemed to do not much of anything. At this point it seemed there was little point in complaining further. Having an early flight the next morning I figured I'd just suffer through it for one more night. Just as I was beginning to relax....screaming kids right across the hall. I called the front desk yet again and was told they would send someone right up. I watched for about 45 minutes and never saw anyone. Those kids did quiet down much earlier than the ones the night before.
I realize that they hotel can't turn away large groups of obnoxious kids, but I would have hoped they were a little more attentive to an HHonors member who regularly stays at Hilton properties. The responses I got seemed as if they were more perturbed with me complaining than with the fact that the group was disturbing other guests. Even had they just acknowledged how disturbing it was and said there wasn't much they could do I would have been happier than with them offering false promises and attitude about me making a legitimate complaint.
On other trips to Springfield I have stayed at another Hilton property and I so wish I had done so this time too. The staff at the Hampton Inn on Dirksen Pkwy was so much more friendly and caring. Next time I will go back to the Hampton.
I am disapoointed - this was definitely not the typical Doubletree or even Hilton experience I am used to!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kerry D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all of the comments we receive. I wish to apologize for the lack of sleep and quiet enjoyment that you were denied during your stay and our subsequent response to same. I shall use your letter in our continual training that we provide to all of our associates.
We do host a number of children's groups throughout the year and 90% of them are very respectful of others and do not cause any disturbances. We will work hard to do a better job of dealling with the other 10%.
Please come back and give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

pinckneyville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a wonderful trip, the hotel had everything we needed during our stay. the confference we were attending was next door in the convention center and it was nice to walk from our hotel to center for the meetings. the cookies handed out at the check in was our favorite it is a nice touch and that makes you feel at home

Dear Kara K,

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our chocolate chip cookies that are given to all of our guests upon arrival gave you just the kind of feeling we hoped for. Please come back soon and remember you can ask for a cookie at any time during your stay!

Lawrenceville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I found this hotel to be very clean, fresh, and comfortable. Staff was wonderful as were the warm cookies at check in. The hotel was full during my visit for a conference but the service was still great. Elevators were a little crowded during conference breaks but all other services and amenities were the best!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Bob V, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Terry S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are extremly happy to learn that everything exceeded your expectations. We have a great staff, and when combined with the Doubletree brand and a great hotel makes for a memorable stay.

We hope to see you during your next stay in Springfield.