President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The room was great but the service was poor. Our room was not cleaned until after 5pm the 1st day. The FFA were in the hotel and were up until extremely late that first night. The second night we had to ask for linens. If you can not handle a double booked event you should not try. This was a badly failed attempt.Also water was extremely low pressure for shower.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anita M
Bob V, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Anita M,

Thank you for taing the time to write a review. We really appreciate your comments. I wish to apologize for the timeliness in the cleaning of your room and the low water pressure. No excuses just a resolve to make sure we do all we can to make sure these things do not affect the next guest. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future and demonstrate the kind of service that you expect to receive and that we traditionally deliver.

Bob V,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Helpful, efficient friendly staff. Clean & comfortable. No problems sleeping since it was quiet, though teeming with activity. I would stay there again without any hesitations. Centrally located;close to many interesting sites.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Floyd T

Dear Floyd T,

Thanks for the review! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. I really appreciate the fact that you singled out our staff for their warm friendly service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the President Abraham Lincoln Hotel soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were in town for a wedding, so we stayed a couple of nights here. Location was nice. Close to quite a few highly rated restaurants. We only made it to a few. Its very close to some of the Lincoln attractions as well. When we arrived on a Thursday afternoon, our room wasn't quite ready yet. I had requested a king room. There were 2 very large groups at the hotel checking in at the same time, so it was understandable. We found the hotel bar and waited there until our room was ready.
Room was very clean and was decorated nicely. Parking was interesting. The only time you pay the hotel for parking is if you use the valet. We self parked in the garage. Our large suv barely made the clearance to the garage. You get a ticket on your way in, which you must keep. They charge $7 per 24 hour period. Seems a bit ridiculous, but that's the city for you. We paid the little machine when we left for the weekend.
The only issue with the hotel was at the restaurant. They need some serious help. We went there for breakfast on our last morning, before heading home. When we got there half of the restaurant was empty yet we stood there for about 10 minutes waiting on a table. Once we were seated, we were told by the hostess that if we wanted our food in a decent time, we should just go for the buffet because the kitchen was backed up. So we did. We waited again for our coffee. Our waitress was only seen once the whole time. Refills were not offered. When it came time to pay the bill we stood and waited at the register again. Turns out that your server has to ring you out. Ive never heard of such a policy in a restaurant. We got tired of waiting and just left our bill sitting by the register with the money. It was ridiculous. I will review the restaurant here as well. But it does belong to the hotel, so....
Great hotel, avoid the restaurant! Sums it up nicely.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob V, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Ohiofam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all of our guests comments. Glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel but dissapointed that we failed in the restaurant. I will be reviewing your comments with our Food and Beverage staff and will take steps to make immediate improvements. I do hope that next time youare in Springfield that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here while I was attending the VFW IL state convention. The staff was excellent, the room was wonderful, and parking was convenient. I will stay here again next year. There is a lot of local attractions to see in the area also.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Michael B,

Thank you for your kind review. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during the VFW convention. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Until then,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is wonderful! The location is perfect the staff (most of them) went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. They offered us tips about parking and getting around the city.The housekeeping staff's politiness is second only to their cleanliness. There were two front desk employees that stood out for me. Will, was an excellent host and made my sisters and I feel very welcomed. He was friendly and because of him I would recommend this hotel for your stay in Springfield. The one hotel staff member that turned our trip a little sour was the front desk employee named Michelle. I don't think she understands that her job is very customer services based. She made me feel as if I was disturbing her day by asking her questions and checking out. The first encounter I ignored because anyone can have a bad day or moment. However, I was not able to ignore her the next day. She should not be working with customers in such a nice hotel. I called the manager to complain and I was very impressed that he returned my call. Michelle was the only bad spot in a awesome weekend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the even floors where the beverage machines are located.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda C
Bob V, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Linda C,

Thank you for your review. Your observations and opinions are very important to us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the service provided by many of our staff members. I would also like to extend my sincere apologies for any lapses in the warm caring service we strive to provide 100% of the time. I do hope that you will return in the future should your travels bring you back to Springfield.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I wanted a hotel that was within walking distance of most of the sites to see in Springfield. I came with my husband and son for a 3 night stay. I do my usual research and knew that this was not the #1 hotel in Springfield but knew it would be clean and safe for my family. It was very crowded as they had a VFW and the Ladies auxiliary convention so there were a lot of people milling around and check in took a bit of time but not too long. I am not seeing the "tired" look that people were complaining about, it seemed pretty up-to-date to me. The parking was a little tricky as to where to park. It was very outdated and the entrance to the hotel elevator was dark and ugly and confusing as to where to go once you got off the elevator. But we figured it out. Once we got to the room it was very clean and very nice (no wash clothes or hand towels for 2 days even though we asked). Welcomed with nice robes on the bed as well. The only complaint I had was the air conditioning. I should have called but did not. It did not work it was very warm in our room for the whole stay, even when I put it down to 60 degrees. It never got cool. But luckily it was not too warm outside. My son got ill one night and we had to call down to the desk at 1am to get fresh linens and towels. The night desk person was on "break" and a reluctant security guard came to our rescue and brought us towels and new linens and took the old linens away. The next day we let Maria the housekeeping person on our floor (GREAT EMPLOYEE!!!) know that we had a sick little guy and she smiled and said she would take care of everything and she did. With a smile!!! She was so nice and helpful that I gave her the Tripadvisor pin for excellent service! She deserved it. She is someone that hotel should commend. Every morning we had a smile and a greeting. Such a nice lady. The pool was awesome, our son loved it and we visited it at least 5 times during our stay. Clean and nice. Overall we had a great stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank firebird350
Bob V, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Firebird350,

Thank you for your review. I sincerely appreciate all of the detail that you provided. This will help us to improve in a number of areas. I saw Maria yesterday and she was so proud of her pin. She came in on her day off to show it to me and anyone else that she could stop to look at it. You made her month!!! I hope that you and your family will have an opportunity to return to the President Abraham Lincoln Hotel soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very personable front desk assistant. We were welcomed and the stay was very pleasant. This location in the downtown area of Springfield, IL is close to all of the historical areas of interest. All of this is within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Patty H,

Thank you for your very kind review. Your comments are very much appreciated. Please come back soon for another visit!