We were at the hotel attending a two day conference. The hotel is located next to and directly connected to the convention center, so the convenience is there. Lindsay's Restaurant and The Globe are located on the first floor and Lindsay's has pretty good food. The bar is a bit on the intimate side, but depending on the convention, I'm sure that it can pick up. When you check in, you are given a big chocolate chip cookie, which is certainly a nice touch. The reception staff is very friendly and able to answer your questions. The room was more than adequate and the king-sized bed was comfortable. We wondered why there wasn't a safe in the room, since I'm sure convention goers don't necessarily want to walk around with some of their stuff. Also, there was no closet, but we did have a small fridge.
We did notice a couple of problems that did lower our rating. First, the WiFi, though free, was absolutely horrible. Whether on my Android or on my laptop, neither would stay connected and were difficult to access. The hotel home page (for guests) always seemed to pop up and there didn't seem an easy way to get rid of it. In the first floor bathroom, I did notice a couple of gnats and some others mentioned that they had seen them elsewhere, as well. Not all that irritating, but something that should be addressed. The last thing was the parking lot check-out. I have never had so much trouble getting out of an enclosed parking station, though I did find out that it is actually run by the City of Springfield, so why should I be surprised that a government-run parking lot is screwed up. The help button connects you to a phone with a recorded message. Exiting the lot was a real challenge and considering the fact that everything I found said that parking was $7.00 per day, getting charged $25.00 for less than 48 hours, especially with not going in or out, seemed a bit ridiculous. The reception desk did say that they have no control over anything to do with the parking lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the newly renovated President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. Our Springfield, IL hotel is located in the heart of historic downtown Springfield, walking distance to Lincoln's home and the presidential musuem. Known for its exceptional service, attention to detail and exquisite cuisine. Discover our one of a kind hotel where guests become a part of the family. The atmosphere is both stimulating and comfortable, featuring a colorful palate of rich patterns and textures while providing the amenities to make you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Abraham Lincoln Hotel And Confernece Center
- President Abraham Lincoln Hotel & Confernece Springfield
- President Abraham Lincoln Springfield
- Hotel President Abraham Lincoln