President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Cincinnati
“Convenient location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel was very nice, comfortable and affordable. The location was great for anyone in town to see the Lincoln sites as we were. They were all within easy walking distance. The self parking was convenient and easy also, staff friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

cruiseking15, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear skater057,

Thank you so much for taking teh time to write a review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our staff. They do a great job!!
Please stay with us again next time you are in the area.

Bob V,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Crest Hill, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

My sister and I went down to Springfield, IL to do some site seeing. When we got down to Springfield, trying to find the hotel was hard because it wasn't clearly signed. Parking was a pain so we ended up parking a block away in a different parking garage. When we made it inside there was a line practically out the door, when we made it up to the counter I want to make sure there was a refrigerator in the room. The man at the front desk was very rude and said there was not. I told him when I booked the room I requested a refrigerator and I called even a week before we got down there to make sure there was one in the room. The front desk completely ignored me and finally after I complained more he said that other guests decided to stay late. ( That's not my fault and your website says that if a guest wants to stay later they have to request to see if that was possible. The hotel knew I was coming so why they allowed these guests to stay or at least in that room with a refrigerator really bothered me)That he (which I think was a manager) would call maintenance to see if they had an extra one. When my sister and I got to our room I went into the bathroom and there was dirty Q-tips on the floor, the shower wasn't clean, there was cookie crumbs on the floor, and gum smashed into the floor. I waited 20-30 mins and heard nothing from maintenance or the front desk, so I called the care-line I explained how the room didn't have a refrigerator and the room was dirty. They found me a new room but never once apologized. We then got into the new room decided to go to the pool on our way back up to our room we heard several people complain that their room keys weren't working. We got back to our room and our room key didn't work so we had to go back down to the lobby, dripping wet because there was no towels, and get them activated. Once again they were rude and never apologized. When we went to go check out and leave I told the front desk everything that happened and they didn't even seem to care. They never apologized. We paid $150 for one night and it was horrible. Paying that kind of money for one night it should have been a nice stay and should of had a great experience but it was not. We will never go back there again and I would certainly not recommend this hotel to anyone. O and this is a minor thing but on the website they say they will have one of their cookies warm and waiting for you in the room, well that never happened either.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Lauren D
cruiseking15, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Lauren D,

I would like to extend my personal apologies to you for the less than satisfactory stay you had earlier in the month. Please call me if you wish so that I can discuss your stay with you in more detail.
217-321-2439

Bob Van Bergen
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel has plenty of amenities (of which my favorite is the unlimited cookies w/ Coffee in the morning and Lemonade in the afternoon but they ALL have walnuts- there is no non-almond batch if you have a nut allergy!) including: Cookies Pool and Hot tub Fitness Center Free wifi (Don't get the free wifi package- RIPOFF) Cheap Breakfast Upgrade Package w/ big buffet Stunning lobby and my favorite: Airport and Amtrak Station Shuttle Hope you love this hotel as much as I do!

Dear Steve G,

Thank you for your wonderful review. You hit upon many of our amenities and features which makes us the best choice in lodging in the Springfield area. We look forward to your return in the future.

Peoria, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

You can tell the hotel is older and has a beautiful history & décor. The lobby is gorgeous! The staff is personable and helpful. The room I had was clean and served it's purpose - comfortable bed, shower, free Wi-Fi and TV. The room did not have a mini-fridge which would have been nice for this trip. The a/c in the room did not cool down for the temp it was set at which made for a slightly warmer than expected night of sleeping.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dear Jennifer E,

Thank you for your review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your room, our decor and most importantly our staff. My apologies for the AC issue you encountered. I do hope taht you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Springfield area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was a very nice hotel. We only stayed one night, but it was clean and comfortable and very convent for seeing the sights in Springfield, especially close to the Abraham Lincoln Museum and Library

• 4 of 5 bubbles
cruiseking15, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Vnm67,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your opinions and comments are greatly appreciated. Happy to read that you really enjoyed your stay. Please think of us next time your travel brings you to Springfield.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had the Lincoln package which included tickets to the Lincoln Museum and daily breakfast bouffet. Our room was nicely decorated, close to the elevator and ice machine. We had a good view. The breakfast bouffet featured hot and cold food and was very good for the package. We had an appetizer in The Globe tavern and were happy with this. I read some less than positive reviews about this hotel but encountered no problems with anything and no noise at all even being across from the ice area. The location was within walking distance of every Lincoln and we were very happy here.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
cruiseking15, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear dmontgo,

Thank you for yur very positive review. We enjoy hearing from all of our guests. I especially enjoyed reading about your happiness with the package you purchased and your experiences in our restaurants and lounge. We hope to welcome you back to Springfield soon!

aurora, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

have stayed here many times, but this last stay not good due to the noise (excessive) had to call with complaint but noise continued after call was placed please place all the party people on one floor and the people that need to sleep so they can attend a meeting the next day on a different floor

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear Cathy C,

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay. I sincerely appreciate your past patronage and want to earn your confidence and trust once again. Please call me next time your travels bring you to Springfield. I will insure that you have a very pleasant stay.

Bob Van Bergen,