“Center of Activity”

Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Norton Shores, Michigan
“Center of Activity”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary trip. We wanted to visit the Lincoln Museum and other sites around the city. This was the perfect location as most places were in close walking distance. Not only that the hotel had a great breakfast package that was included in the price of some rooms. For a quick visit this was a great place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Ben V.
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Champaign, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I was extremely disappointed that this Hotel didn't honor the rate that it had quoted to me and my group. Then, they were extremely rude and unprofessional when asked why I wasn't previously notified about the decision prior to my arrival. Things only got worse from there and my student is still waiting to receive the Orange Juice that she order last week. Just terrible! I could go on about the conditions but I'll just stay away in the future.

1 Thank Willie F
Mr. Fowler,
First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us and continuing to be a loyal customer. I beleive you should speak with the student, Alberto, who made the travel arrangements for 6 rooms including yours. Upon investigation, I found that Alberto was notified approximate one week prior to arrival that Parkland Community College students did not qualify for the rate that was confirmed. I apologize if this information was not communicated with you. Our communication was with Alberto as he was the point of contact for these reservations.

It is our goal to make every guests stay memorable and enjoyable. I apologize if you feel we felt short of your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We arrived early expecting to be turned away fro early check-in. However, this was not the case! The excellent staff took time to make sure we could be accommodated when we arrived and even put all three rooms next door to each other! The location is great and central to the Lincoln Sites and the in and out access parking was a nice option. Will definitely be back to the Hilton next time we are in Springfield.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Jacob H,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. It is our objective to accommodate every guests needs. We look forward to having you with us again soon.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is just about the nicest place in town. Room decor is slightly outdated but extremely clean. Parking is conveniently attached to the hotel. Centrally located. Drawback to any downtown Springfield hotel is the train tracks that run through the city with freight trains announcing their arrival- even in the dead of night.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Ari K,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am sorry the trains bothered you during the night. We are working with the city of Springfield to relocate or eliminate the noise from late evening into early morning . Additionally, we are in the process of renovating our guestrooms. We hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you on your next stay in a "refreshed" room. We love having you with us.
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were here for a weekend stay. The rooms are of a different shape because of the shape of the building. We found our room very comfy and large, The bathrooms have been redone, but are compact and the fixtures were a little short. The one thing to know is that it is very noisy with the creaking and swaying of the building.
The pool was nice and we appreciated the full size beach towels for use at the pool.
A Starbucks is on site, but since it is one of the only breakfast places open for a coffee, it gets busy fast.
The hotel is great for being in a convenient location for the Springfield sites.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Tmtee1,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and let us know how we are doing. I am delighte to hear you like our refresh. We are working dilegently to complete all our guest rooms. You are correct when you say the shape of our rooms are unique. Our entire building is unique. We hope you enjoyed the type of experience we have to offer. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.
Ridgefield, Washington
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We were only on the 9th floor, but because it is a circular structure and the wind blows here, we heard creaking and cracking of the support system all night long. Others staying much higher, thought the whole building was going to collapse from the swaying. And it really wasn't that windy. Everything else was fine. So if you want to be rocked to sleep this is the place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Connie N,
Thank you for staying with us. I believe you stayed with us when we were experiencing 30 mph winds. Quite strong on the ground and could be stronger up higher. Our building is designed to "do battle with" and withstand these types of wind speeds Where the noise can be heard is dependent on the location the wind is hitting the building. We hope to see you again on a calmer day.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this location. Received a room high on the 25th floor which I was thankful for as some kind of conference was going on and there were children running all over the place. It seemed as if the children took over the elevators. There were a few restaurants around the corner within walking distance, but they were on the pricier side. For example, you can see my other review on Maldaners. This hotel is clean and the room I had was very adequate to include the internet service provided. I have two concerns/ complaints however. One relates to the business practices at this location and the other to air exchange. That is that they require a “photocopy” of a federal ID for the rate. For the record, Marriott never did this, at least the ones I stayed in. I had them black out my SSN. Still not secure. But for the management and the corporation, I think that - Title 18, US Code, Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701 applies in this case and it is a sensitive subject. Although, I am not a lawyer. There are alternatives. Trust your hotel personnel to do the right thing at check in. If I am wrong here feel free to contact me. The second concern is the room itself had no ventilation in the bathroom to withdraw the hot steam from the shower. Wasn’t able to take advantage of the pool or other amenities due to the children. But the room was quiet except the occasional train and sirens from emergency vehicles. Other than that the place is very nice, has plenty of shops and food near by. I would still recommend and would stay again IF they didn’t photocopy ID cards. Hope this helps, if it did click “helpful” vote. ;) Thanks for reading and video on YouTube Channel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the one I had for a great view of the capital building.