“Convention Stay”

Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Mokena, United States
“Convention Stay”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Very clean when we arrived, but the second day the cleaning wasn't as good. The desk staff on arrival was very helpful and friendly. The hotel has a great location for conventioneers, but seems a little "tired" overall. This was our second stay for this convention and we will be back again next time.

1 Thank Edmond S
MFear, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Edmond S,

Thank you for staying with us during the most recent IL Reading Conference. We enjoy having you and your colleagues with us. We hope we will see you again this coming October.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed on the third floor and couldn't believe the loud creaking sounds on the entire floor all night long. Earplugs didn't help. It was a horrible night's sleep. The front desk admitted that on windy days, the entire tower can make some strange sounds. If I had to do it over again, I'd find another hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the top of the tower. The creaking sounds are not as loud (according to the staff).
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I-toom,

We have had several windy days lately. We have had many days the wind gusts have exceeded 50 mph. Please be assured our building is built to withstand these types of conditions. I am very sorry the movement of the building was disruptive. We absolutely wish we could have offered you a more comfortable nights rest. Please allow us another opportunity under normal circumstances.
Reviewed 15 March 2014

First of all, I need to admit...I love all things Hilton! I stay at this hotel perhaps 2-4 times a year. I was at a conference the week of March 11 and of course I would pick Hilton. This was the worst stay which surprised me because this hotel has been consistent.

First of all, there was a mistake on my registration that shown that I had two rooms instead of one. Basically, I had to pay for the two rooms. I stated that if I was at fault then I would pay the difference(as long as I get my points) I asked the guy at the check-in counter if I could please speak to the manager(I figured that surely the manager and I could work something out). This bozo never even told the manager. No call.

I did speak to the morning manager early the next day and he acted like he actually could make decisions and told me that this error would be taken care of and that I wouldn't be charged for the extra room, which I thought was great PR on how to treat a club member who didn't make an error, rather the hotel made the error.

I stayed at the 26th floor and every 3 minutes I heard the roar of the elevator as it went above and below our floor. It was crazy! I didn't make a scene because I was thankful that I didn't have to pay for the extra room that I was not using.

THE GOOD:

The Pinnacle room is actually quite nice.
Nice restaurant
Close to the main historical attractions.
Comfortable Bed
Nice rooms
Nice policy of points AND free breakfast for Hilton Honors Members

CONS:

The front office staff at check in were not prepared for the amount of people that were coming in.
They came across as condensing, especially the afternoon lady with the "butch" haircut. She seemed fake, but then again, maybe she was just nervous with the amount of people coming in.

The afternoon manager couldn't, or wouldn't, make eye contact with his guests.
Long wait for elevators

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms next to the elevators
2 Thank David A
JWaide, Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Livinlargexxl,

Thank you for stayng with us. We love conferences!! I am delighted to hear we met your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to having you with us again soon.
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Have not even stayed yet. Must stay this weekend as we travel to a state level sporting event for my son. Without notice my room reservation was cancelled. When I called Melanie is sales was absolutely astounding to me with her rudeness, blaming other parents within our group for the cancellation and an attitude that made me wonder deeply about Hilton in general. In the end I had to try and fight through her deplorable lack of customer service skills and make a new reservation, which after giving Melanie my credit card number she informed me "remember, anyone with your name and phone number would still have enough information to call us and change or cancel your room." What?? Now, don't we all feel safe with that information given by a Hilton employee? She then REFUSED to give me the name of the hotels general manager. Refused. So I asked to be transferred to her front desk, she said she would but connected me instead to the general worldwide reservations number for Hilton. I had to call again to find out the name of the General Manager. You might want to write it down if you plan on attempting to make a reservation at this hotel, you will need it..Michael Fear (and by the way, the front desk then refused to give an email address for him or any way of contacting him).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SaraZ772014
SaraZ772014,

We hope you enjoyed your weekend with us. I apologize if you felt anyone within our organization was rude. I have spoken with Melanie and shared your comments with her. I believe she was trying to assist you with correcting your reservation. Again, I apologize if you feel she was rude.

We hope you had an enjoyable weekend and would be delighted to hear your comments.

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Decatur, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel was beautiful, the staff was amazing, the room was comfortable and the location was super convenient to everything we wanted to do. However, we could hear kids and coughing all night long from the hallway and upstairs, about half of the tv stations did not come in clearly and the internet connection was not strong or consistent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Daryl S,

It is our goal to offer a friendly, clean, comfortable place for you to call home when you are away. Thank you for pinpointing a few areas of improvement. I will pass these issues on to our Engineering Department. Thanks for staying with us, We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Restaurant. Starbucks and a nice workout facility. Room was great too. However, you hear a lot of creaking at night.
Front desk staff was great as were the valet guys.
The carpets are outdated and the elevators take forever. All and all not the best but not the worst

• Stayed March 2014
chicago, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My stay was very short due to a business meeting I had. Literally I came one day and was out the next but check in and out was a breeze. When I came in contact with any employees they said hello and asked how everything was going. I really appreciated that, it's something everyone should do all the time.

Charlotte T,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Perhaps the next time you are in Springfield you could stay a little longer. Hope to see you again soon.