“Don't stay here.”

Wyndham Springfield City Centre
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is in need of serious upgrading. The tabletops in the room are uncleaned and the carpets are soiled. The "facilities" are slow to operate or are clogged. Housekeeping should know these things, but apparently they don't care that you have to call the front desk at 12:30 am to have maintenance unclog the commodes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JWaide, General Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Hector - We're so sorry for the difficulties experienced with the facilities in your room while you were with us. Sometimes, unfortuntately, clogs (or near clogs) are not always evident to the houskeeping staff cleaning your bathroom That being said, however, that and the items of cleanliness you mentioned will be addressed with the housekeeper responsible for your room will be addressed if you would be so kind as to contact me directly with your stay information at 217-789-1530. Jeff Waide, General Mangager. Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is our second visit to this hotel and the second time was better because the first time there was a horrible smell of frying food in the lobby area (didn't affect the rooms or hallways so that part wasn't an issue) but they've solved that problem and now it's all good on all fronts. The rooms are super clean and well maintained and the staff are very efficient and friendly. I would recommend it fully. We also had a light dinner in the restaurant and the service was super and just the right amount of attentiveness. Tiffany was our waitress and was really excellent. We split a Calypso Chicken Club with fries and all very good. Very fast and very clean, too. Well worth a visit and nice you don't have to wander about the city looking for a place to eat when you'd just like a meal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
JWaide, General Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear CMW - well, thank you. We're glad you enjoyed your Calypso Club. I can't imagine what was beyond the overwhelming smell of fried food in our lobby the last time you were here, but I'm glad that we got that solved!. Thanks for taking the time to offer your feedback. We sincerely appreciate it.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a convention. The rooms were clean, the staff was wonderful. The view was great. It is centrally located so a lot of things are within walking distance, including several restaurants, which was nice. I parked my car when I got there, and didn't move it until I left!

My only real complaint is the bed sheets. I consider this to be a "nicer" hotel. A fitted bed sheet for the bottom sheet would have been great. Instead, it was a top sheet that of course comes un-tucked as soon as you get into bed. It wasn't even long enough (on either bed in the room) to tuck in on the top and bottom (you could only tuck it in on the sides). First of all, this is annoying since it wads up under me, but mostly it's kind of nasty to think of everything laying on the mattress pad for half of the night.

I would stay here again (in fact I will next year) because it is a great hotel (minus the bed sheet thing).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Savvytrav - thank you for the positive feedback. I'm sincerely sorry about "the sheet thing"....to tell you the truth, you should have had a fitted sheet on your bed and I will pass this along to our Executive Housekeeper so we can figure out exactly why you didn't. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us, otherwise.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

How many people can say they visited a round shape hotel. Pretty cool. Great staff. Was able to check in at 10am which was awesome. Rooms clean. Awesome beds and pillows. Very spacious. Good breakfast except it is not free. Do have to pay for parking also.

Stayed: June 2014
JWaide, General Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Casey - thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We're glad we were able to get you into your room so early in the day, and I'm glad to hear you were well taken care of by our staff. Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We brought our exchange student from Germany to Springfield for some Lincoln Immersion. When I booked this using Hotwire, I didn't realize that the room I booked was a smoking room until after I read my paperwork closely and had already paid for the room. When we arrived, the front desk clerk changed us to a nonsmoking immediately. We appreciated that. The hotel was clean and our room was very comfy. My only real complaint about the hotel is the pool. We were there when a beauty pageant was happening so the pool was crowded and seemed too small for the amount of people. My kids and I took the last 3 pool towels and no one came to replenish during the hour we were there. I felt that the pool hadn't been detailed or checked for cleanliness in a while and felt uncomfortable taking off my shoes so I left them on. I also didn't like the cloudiness of the pool. My daughter swam, but my exchange student and I opted not to swim because it was just too crowded with kids.

We slept well except for when the A/C in the room turned off and on. The next morning we talked about how it had woken us each up. The next morning we had the breakfast buffet. I don't feel that it was worth the money. The food was only OK for the price we paid. The wait staff was very attentive though and worth the tip.

Overall, I enjoyed our overnight stay and the location cannot be beat. We were walking distance to all the major sites and felt safe and comfortable after a long day of walking!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lisa - thanks for offer your feedback. While we're glad you enjoyed your stay overall, I realize that the sheer number of junior beauty pageant contestants must have been as overwhelming for you as it was for everyone else in the hotel not associated with the group. It happens that way sometimes in a large convention property like ours, but I am sorry if it detracted from your experience. Please feel free to come back at a slightly quieter time. I think you'll find that on most occasions you and your family would probably have the pool to yourselves!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I lived in the area when the hotel was built. My kids and I have stayed there twice and will definitely go back again this summer. Very close to all the Lincoln sights. You can walk to most of them. The houses and church are just a block away and the square with the old capital and law office are very close. We even walked to the capital which was a bit of a hike, but the kids needed to expend some energy. Staff is always willing to do what they can to assist you

• Stayed: July 2013
JWaide, General Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear memyselfandirene.....whomever you happen to be today, we thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and the compliments to our hardworking staff. Our building has been called a lot of things over the past 40 years, but we kind of like the ring of "iconic"......we hope to see you back in Springfield again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We were staying there for an event. Great location. Beds were very comfortable. The breakfast you pay for is well worth the price. Will definitely stay again. Rooms were very clean. Check in was very quick. Front desk staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014
JWaide, General Manager at Wyndham Springfield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Glad you liked us, Melissa. You can't beat our breafast buffet for the price and we do like to think we have the friendliest front desk in town! Come back and see us soon and thanks for the kudos!