“Newly remodeled”

Super 8 Springfield East
Ranked #33 of 38 Hotels in Springfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I'm a believer in you get what you pay for but this was something that made me wish I spent a few more $$. The room was pretty clean but small and the smallest queen bed I've ever seen. Lots of burn holes on window ledge and bed spread. Only two crap pillows for a queen. Toilet was loose and rocked. Lobby was all tore up and under some type of flooring construction. A 4 floor building with the slowest scary elevator. The site says ice and vending machines on two floors but there are no vending machines and only ice in the first floor. There is not even enough of a breakfast menu to waste my time on here. Please don't make your decision to reserve based on breakfast. The Middle Easterners in the lobby watch every move you make and just seem to stare at you the entire time and there are plenty. I think many of them live in the hotel. The door on the room next to me was marked private and the next one did not have a room number on it. You could hear people in there doing dishes and the entire hall smelled of curry. Looking from the outside those windows had mini blinds instead of the curtains and dead plants in the window. They must have converted a few rooms to their own housing.I don't know if it was people staying there or what but every so often during the night there was this thumping noise that kept me up. It was not real hot out but I just wanted to cool the room 3-5 degrees and the AC could not handle that. I'd hate to stay here in the summer. It's only $55 but sad to say I've stayed at a lot of $55 places that were much nicer. Quite a cast of characters staying there too. To it's credit it did have a refrig, micro and coffee maker. But Mike - Debbie survived!.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank steve s
Rashmin P, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Springfield East, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thanks for sparing your time in reviewing our hotel sir. We know you had a little inconvenience because of the renovations we are going through and we apologize for that. We would definitely look in to the areas you mentioned to make appropriate changes as per the guest convenience.

Again, thanks for sparing your valuable time to review our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels