“Pay $20 more to stay ANYwhere else!!”

Super 8 Springfield East
Ranked #33 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Godfrey, Illinois
“Pay $20 more to stay ANYwhere else!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I've stayed here twice. First time, reserved 2 nights but only stayed 1. I was only charged for 1. No issues occurred. Not the nicest place, but back for business & chose it again because it was close to work. This time, checked in Friday night, cc was authorized for that night. At 8am Saturday morning, I went to front desk & asked if I could reserve the room another night. I asked to pay cash for my second night. Clerk said ok then authorized my card anyway. So, I said "I'll take my money back." Why would I pay cash AND let you authorize my card? Makes no sense. When he gave me back the money, he tried to authorize my card for a THIRD time. At this point I'm furious. I feel like I'm being ripped off. The clerk speaks little English & waves me off. I show him that 1. You've charged my card 2 nights already 2. The paper I just signed shows that charge. He waves me off.
That evening, I cut my stay short & check out at 1130pm. Keep in mind, my card is already authorized for the 2 nights (I'm leaving early this second night & do not expect a discount). The clerk proceeds to try to authorize my card a third time & demands I pay cash for the 2nd night. I fold & do so. I ask for a receipt bc I think I'm going to get ripped off. The receipt was thrown at me after he had issues getting it to print.
Now.....here I an, out $141+on my cc AND paid $70.68 for my room cash. Hoping the authorizations fall off.
Moral of the story--don't stay in a hotel that's $70 a night. They are horrible.
My KING bed was a queen. The tv was less than a 32inch. It felt wet everywhere. The coverlet had stains that appeared to be grease, I threw it on the floor. The sheet had a spot--gross!! I removed it as well. The parking lot SUCKS. You can only turn out of it one way and then you have to uturn!! Oh and it's LOUD.
Just save yourself the trouble. Never again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Rashmin P, Manager at Super 8 Springfield East, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello Madam
We apologies for the mistake. Card traction thing was a simple human error and not the intention to rip off your money. And your bed was a queen bed only it was not a king bed for sure because you checked in for a queen bed only and we charged for queen bed only. We only have king beds in handicap accessible rooms only.
Once again we apologies for any inconvenience you had with your stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Wheelersburg, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights while visiting Lincoln sites in Springfield and found the room met our needs just fine. The king bed room was large and comfortable with micro and fridge, separate sink, and large bath. There was traffic noise from busy street in front of the hotel, but it was mostly masked by running the A/C. Our major beef was the fact you can only access or leave the hotel by going north on Dirksen. Meant a bit of hassle when approaching from the north. Would reccomend as price was very good compared with others in town and made the access problem worth dealing with to save the money for more vacation fun.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Wichita
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Building clearly shows signs of wear and tear, but the interior appears to be in process of redecorating with new paint and carpet. It isn't a warm and comfy place to stay long term - just sleep and move on. Queen bed was fine. Breakfast is bare bones all carbohydrate so plan to eat somewhere else if you need meat and protein to fire up your engines! Some of the electric items in the room weren't working but the front desk did have an iron and ironing board available upon request. Hey, it's a Super 8 so don't expect a 5 star experience!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business