“Another great stay”

Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed here for the second time in about a year and it was another great experience. I had emailed to request if an early check-in was available and they had no problem. I was able to check in a few hours before the 4 pm check-in time. The staff was very pleasant and the room is exactly what I had requested. I didn't use any of the services such as the pool or restaurants but was made aware that if I signed up for the rewards program, I would receive the wi-fi for free, which was nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Springfield.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
san diego
Reviewed 4 September 2013

After making our reservation for a stay on Sept 1, I read the reviews of this hotel and was a bit concerned. Since we had made a same day reservation it was too late to cancel, so we went ahead with trepidation. Boy were we surprised! The lobby was beautiful, the service outstanding and the rooms were very nice. Had both dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was good as well. The wait staff went out of their way to accommodate our special requests. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank califgirlSanDiego
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for the great review!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We spent the night at this hotel on August 24, 2013. We had two rooms booked. That evening, my husband I and took our 2 kids to the pool at approx. 9pm at night. We found the pool was completely taken over by a party of approximately 40-50 people. They were obviously intoxicated. They were throwing each other into the pool and paying no mind to my children who had been looking forward to going to the pool all day. After about 10 minutes, we determined the pool was not a safe place for two small children and got ready to leave. One of the women in the party called me over to her by saying, "Hey, white lady, you got a problem with us?" I ignored her and went back to my room. I am pretty sure most of the people in this party did not have rooms in the hotel. The management should keep track of what is going on up there, since the entire situation appeared unsafe. There were quite a few kids involved in the party as well.

Aside from that , the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The free breakfast buffet we got with our rooms was really outstanding. We were able to get a late checkout and took the kids to the pool after breakfast and they had a good time, although the chlorine in the pool was so strong, it made everyone's eyes hurt.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jenmo1
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy the pool Saturday night. I will address this with our management team as we need to verify who should be using our hotel pool. I'm happy to read our front desk staff offered you a late check out so your children could have the chance to swim. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Had a last minute overnight stay for work. I've actually been to this hotel many times for conferences etc, but have never stayed. I was looking to stay at a Holiday Inn or affiliated hotel. However with the state fair in town all my usuals were booked. So the Crowne came up in one of my searches. To my surprise they had availability and even allowed me to book at the G rate, awesome.

The check-in staff was great and acknowledged me as a priority club member. The hotel wasn't crowded, mainly due to its size. The common areas are really nice to upscale,especially for Springfield.

Now for the rooms. I stayed in a standard suite room with a king sized bed. Overall it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I will say the sheets were super crisp to the point of being a bit uncomfortable, but I can live with that. There were a few parts of the room that were dated and need updating like the mirrored closet doors and heating/cooling system.

Prob the only area I'd give the Crowne a slightly lower grade on was the bathroom tub area and sink. Both were dated, while the shower was really showing its age.

But like I said over all a great place to stay for a quick overnight or extended stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for the 5 star review!! Glad you chose to stay with us during your visit to the State Fair. We hope you will consider booking with us during future visits.
East Peoria, IL
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel is easily reached from I-55/I72 and has an adequate parking lot. The hotel's common areas and my room were clean, neat and comfortable. The room was well furnished and equipped and with the drapes drawn was dark and quiet. The alarm radio was confusing to set but the wake call, set at registration desk, was right on time. My one complaint, which is common to many hotels of this class - up-scale business - is that they charge extra for in-room wi-fi and breakfast is not included. Many hotels costing half as much, include these amenities. I suspect that their target guest is traveling on business and can charge those fees to his expense account and thus is not concerned about them.

Room Tip: I could see a long way from my tenth floor room but there was not much to see.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking a moment to recognize several of the great features we have to offer. We do offer free Wi-Fi in our lobby for all guests, and in the room for free to all levels of IHG Rewards, which is a 100% free loyalty program our guests can sign up for at the hotel. Thank you for staying with us on your trip to Springfield.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here using my room for my bridal suite while getting ready for my wedding. The room was immaculate and had ample amount of room for all my bridesmaids to meet me to get ready. The bed was extremely comfortable minus sheets that were rough. The only complaint I have was that unknowingly to me until 4 hours before check-in was that the Crowne Plaza was having a car show. I booked my room 8 months prior and no information about what was going to be booked there (considering they do draw a lot of convention events in). When the staff called to inform me it wa them saying there were still parking spots available at the end or we could just park in the adjacent hotels parking lot. When I got there it was a mad house. Every single spot in their parking lot was given to the car show. So this now means all the guests not involved with the car show has no privileges to the parking lot. Most of the car group kept parking in the drop off spot with golf carts and random cars so it became quite the nightmare to unload my wedding dress and all of my luggage. I ended up having to park completely behind the building in another hotels parking lot that was almost full to the max. This was very frustrating and hard to understand why a hotel would not give their guests AT LEAST one open lane to park in. But I made it threw it all alive haha. I did want to commend the hotel for the prompt return of my make-up bag that did get left behind, though. There was quite a bit of pricey items in it and it was returned to me safe and sound.

• Stayed July 2013
I apologize you were not informed sooner of the details of the car show. I hope that your friends and family were not too inconvenienced in finding parking. Thank you for having your wedding with us. I know the hotel was very busy with the car show, but we truly hope we made your wedding special.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed here while attending our car club's annual car show. Our reservation dates were wrong but the staff readily corrected the error. (Note the registration desk is on the 2nd floor) Rooms were clean & comfortable with enough space to accomodate a roll away bed. Bathroom was spacious as well. Wi-fi available for a daily fee unless you are member of their rewards program. Dining availabe in on-site restaurants/bars, as well as room service, but did not partake during our stay. Several restaurants within walking distance. One evening several in our group walked to a nearby restaurant and just as we were preparing to walk back to the hotel a torrential rain started. We called hotel and they promptly sent a shuttle van to pick us up!
Cons: Housekeeping only did minimal cleaning and didn't clean coffee pot nor replace coffee packs. Refrigerator in the room doesn't not have shelves in it so don't plan on keeping much in it. Ice maker and vending machine on our floor were out-of-order and we had to go to another floor to get ice.
Would I stay here again? Depends - If it was the preferred hotel for a group/organization event, then yes. If I were traveling alone or small group, no.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read our staff was able to take care of you both with the reservation challenge as well as with the shuttle. Thank you for staying with us during the car show. We really had a good time with this event!!