“great stay”

Crowne Plaza Springfield
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Spent 1 night for a business trip and it was a great experience. Lindsey at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

Had dinner in the lounge, and the food was very good.

I will stay at crown plaza again.

SalB

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for the 5 star review! We truly appreciate your kind feedback about the hotel and its staff. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Really enjoyed my stay. Good location. Very clean and comfortable rooms. An excellent staff. They were very accommodating as I arrived three hours early and they were able to place me in a wonderful room with no questions asked. This is my third time here in the past few years and I will definitely be staying here on my return to Springfield, Illinois.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for the 5 star review! I am pleased to read our staff was able to accommodate an early check-in. Thank you for being a repeat guest with us. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed here for the second time in about a year and it was another great experience. I had emailed to request if an early check-in was available and they had no problem. I was able to check in a few hours before the 4 pm check-in time. The staff was very pleasant and the room is exactly what I had requested. I didn't use any of the services such as the pool or restaurants but was made aware that if I signed up for the rewards program, I would receive the wi-fi for free, which was nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Springfield.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

After making our reservation for a stay on Sept 1, I read the reviews of this hotel and was a bit concerned. Since we had made a same day reservation it was too late to cancel, so we went ahead with trepidation. Boy were we surprised! The lobby was beautiful, the service outstanding and the rooms were very nice. Had both dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was good as well. The wait staff went out of their way to accommodate our special requests. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank califgirlSanDiego
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We spent the night at this hotel on August 24, 2013. We had two rooms booked. That evening, my husband I and took our 2 kids to the pool at approx. 9pm at night. We found the pool was completely taken over by a party of approximately 40-50 people. They were obviously intoxicated. They were throwing each other into the pool and paying no mind to my children who had been looking forward to going to the pool all day. After about 10 minutes, we determined the pool was not a safe place for two small children and got ready to leave. One of the women in the party called me over to her by saying, "Hey, white lady, you got a problem with us?" I ignored her and went back to my room. I am pretty sure most of the people in this party did not have rooms in the hotel. The management should keep track of what is going on up there, since the entire situation appeared unsafe. There were quite a few kids involved in the party as well.

Aside from that , the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The free breakfast buffet we got with our rooms was really outstanding. We were able to get a late checkout and took the kids to the pool after breakfast and they had a good time, although the chlorine in the pool was so strong, it made everyone's eyes hurt.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jenmo1
CPSpringfield, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy the pool Saturday night. I will address this with our management team as we need to verify who should be using our hotel pool. I'm happy to read our front desk staff offered you a late check out so your children could have the chance to swim. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Had a last minute overnight stay for work. I've actually been to this hotel many times for conferences etc, but have never stayed. I was looking to stay at a Holiday Inn or affiliated hotel. However with the state fair in town all my usuals were booked. So the Crowne came up in one of my searches. To my surprise they had availability and even allowed me to book at the G rate, awesome.

The check-in staff was great and acknowledged me as a priority club member. The hotel wasn't crowded, mainly due to its size. The common areas are really nice to upscale,especially for Springfield.

Now for the rooms. I stayed in a standard suite room with a king sized bed. Overall it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I will say the sheets were super crisp to the point of being a bit uncomfortable, but I can live with that. There were a few parts of the room that were dated and need updating like the mirrored closet doors and heating/cooling system.

Prob the only area I'd give the Crowne a slightly lower grade on was the bathroom tub area and sink. Both were dated, while the shower was really showing its age.

But like I said over all a great place to stay for a quick overnight or extended stay.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for the 5 star review!! Glad you chose to stay with us during your visit to the State Fair. We hope you will consider booking with us during future visits.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel is easily reached from I-55/I72 and has an adequate parking lot. The hotel's common areas and my room were clean, neat and comfortable. The room was well furnished and equipped and with the drapes drawn was dark and quiet. The alarm radio was confusing to set but the wake call, set at registration desk, was right on time. My one complaint, which is common to many hotels of this class - up-scale business - is that they charge extra for in-room wi-fi and breakfast is not included. Many hotels costing half as much, include these amenities. I suspect that their target guest is traveling on business and can charge those fees to his expense account and thus is not concerned about them.

Room Tip: I could see a long way from my tenth floor room but there was not much to see.