“Nice hotel. New management” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Midway, Arkansas
“Nice hotel. New management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel has new management who I believe will make a few necessary improvements. Overall the hotel is clean, the staff is very pleasant and the pool and hot tub were very nice. The new management is working hard and I believe will be successful in their endeavors. I will stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Mark - we appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Yes, the hotel has new management and we are continuously making improvements to the hotel and our entire staff prides on maintaining a clean establishment. We're glad you will back. Look forward to it. Thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This Quality Inn is a step above average. It's a recently remodeled Comfort Inn and is in decent shape. The staff were OK. My king bed room was comfortable and quiet. The pool and spa seemed well maintained. The motel is located in a mall with Target and Walmart, but kind of on the edge so I noticed no traffic problems. There are several reasonable restaurant choices within walking distance. It's on the West side of Springfield, and if you're westbound on I72 you're through the city when you get to the motel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Eric R
Dear Eric - thank you for taking the time to post a review. We have renovated our hotel and continue to get positive feedback from guests. We are getting all new beds in 2014 which will be another great improvement to our hotel. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Come back soon. Thanks!
Peoria, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

It's ironic that this place is called Quality Inn. I went on a business trip here and needed to call the hotel. When I googled the number, I saw a review that mentioned they had beg bugs 5 mos ago. I naturally asked them about this, as it was too late to cancel my reservation. They assured me that it wasn't true and it was actually an issue with a tick in one room that a dog brought in. I decided I'd check for myself when I got there. When I pulled up, the building hardly looked like the pictures. Paint was chipped, etc. Looked like no one cared about the building at all. The inside wasn't much different and was stuffy. The girl at the desk was really nice and I was very impressed with her, As I went to my room on the 2nd floor, I noticed that the floor was uneven and the floor under me moved as I walked, both on 1st and 2nd floor. This was unsettling. After the elevator opens, the room directly across from mine is wide open and it looks like it was being maintenanced because there was stuff everywhere. The whole floor smelled like cigarettes, so I wonder if they were trying to clean smoke out of the room? Either way, I'd put all my guests on first floor. Or I'd leave that door closed, because its the first thing you see when you get off the elevator. I get to my room and it smells like a nursing home. I go to turn on the lights and 2 out of the 3 lamps don't work. I continue to the a/c and turn it on, and it doesn't work. I call the front desk and the girl tells me it takes 20 min before it will kick on, and I have to leave the curtains open. So I have to sleep all night with the curtains open if I want to be cool? I think, whatever, I'll deal with it and just never come back. So I go to the bathroom and naturally, the tub is dirty. Of course, right? So I decide to check for bed bugs and as soon as I pull back the mattress cover I see a HUGE pee stain on the mattress, right where my head was going to be. It had not even been attempted to be cleaned. This was the last straw for me. I left and will never return!

Room Tip: How about a different hotel?
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicole L
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Nicole - we appreciate your feedback and shared your thoughts with your staff. We have made major improvements to the hotel including an expanded breakfast seating area, new lobby, guest room bathroom amenity updates and repainted the building exterior. Our guests are ecstatic when they visit the hotel as the property photos will be updated in October on all the OTA's. It's a pleasant surprise when they see the vast property refresh items.
Lynden, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel has some problems, but the Manager Bryan Stratham (hope I spelled it right) was responsive and made a bill adjustment. The lobby and hallways smell like ashtrays and the bathroom exhaust fan tends to drag the smoke into non-smoking rooms. We also couldn't cool the room down. The A/C would run for 5 minutes and then shut down. I called the front desk about 8:30 P.M. and was told by the night desk person that the A/C was an older unit and would freeze up if temp was set to lower than 70 degrees. The room was about 80 and if I set the A/C to 70 it would still run a few minutes and then shut down. About 10 P.M. I solved the problem. The window drapes are too long and the bed is only a short distance from the A/C. The drapes would billow out and force the cold air to go downward towards the A/C between the bed and wall, causing the thermostat to read the cold return air. Pushing the drapes onto the window sill and weighting them down allowed the air to get out into the room and the A/C worked the rest of the night. The hotel also had a problem with their phone lines and internet and they were down in the morning so they couldn't issue copies of bills at checkout. They did take down email addresses and send them later in the day as attachment. If they solve these problems, as the Manager indicated he was working on, it is a good place to stay and has reasonable rates.

Room Tip: If the drapes are billowing over the air conditioner (in the King bed rooms), push the drape bottoms...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Tom - we appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We have addressed any issues with our staff. Our GM is proactive and is a problem solver. Our PTACs are regularly examined and cleaned by our staff and a third party service. Glad our GM took care of all your concerns before departure and delivered another satisfactory stay.
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Not perfect but a classic decent hotel.

Stayed one night. Mostly positive experience, friendly staff, breakfast area was attractive and clean. We had room 125 next to the elevators, avoid this room as you can hear a lot of clunking and crashing doors. The hotel is in a great
location near food and shopping.

Cold water pressure is really poor. Shower is great. Had some mildew on shower curtain that really should be addressed. Clean bathroom. One long hair found on shower wall but that happens. Towels are really small and only had two in our king room. Air conditioner/heater will blow your curtain away from window. Reasonable noise from unit.

Single cup coffee maker.

Bed very comfortable. Clean and good linen.

I'd stay here again for the money, location and frankly it didn't seem to have any issues that really annoyed me.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators and hallway near desk.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lathamschoice, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 August 2013

JBryan Latham
Quality Inn & Suites of Springfield
217-787-2250
Greencastle, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

After staying at some less than satisfying motels on our trip, we chose this one, and we were certainly not disappointed! From the very friendly and helpful staff, to the delicious breakfast and hard-working assistant who kept everything filled, to the extremely clean room, comfortable bed and quiet atmosphere--everything was top notch. We definitely recommend this motel! And to those who think you can get this kind of lodging for a lot less, it's not going to happen--we found out the hard way.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear Linda - thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Our hotel has been renovated and we really enjoy it when our guests appreciate the aesthetics, breakfast, quality of service, and our amenities. Our entire staff works hard to ensure everyone has a consistently positive experience at an affordable price. Look forward to your future stays!
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I happen to call and book a Springfield Quality Inn without checking the price... I guess it was during the State fair so they jacked the price almost $50 a night which is a hotel and half for our budget. I had stayed in 10 quality inns across the country and always had a price similar. This one jacked the price and to boot we had no interest in the state fair and knew nothing about it.. The place was overrun with kids yelling and screaming in the hallways.. we said if it does not stop we will ask for our money back. I stayed in over a dozen hotels in the past 2 weeks and have seen all levels..This one is a C+ and an 'F' for price jacking during the state fair. Aggravating stay and nothing special and for the price, we stayed in other quality inn's at half the price for the same service, I do not get it?

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Tim - thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We value your input and as you can imagine, this is our busiest time of the year and our rates fluctuate with demand and special events. We are still on average 25% below the rate of other hotels in our immediate comp set. We have also made recent improvements to our hotel. I'm glad the rest of your stay was pleasant.