“It was fine... ”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Checkin was quick and the man on reception was really friendly and helpful suggesting places to eat locally etc. The room was fine, not perfect, but it was fine for the 1 night... Bathroom was very clean and id stay there again if I was in the area.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank queenofhearts12350

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We recently stayed at Quality Inn while visiting Springfield. The hotel offers a good location for visiting local sights...easy access from interstate and easy commute into the city. The king room was large and clean. Although there was no sofa, there is plenty of room for one, otherwise open space. Lighting inside the door is limited with no direct overhead light. Other than that the room was very adequate for the price. Breakfast was typical waffle, juice, scrambled eggs, and small pastries. Good restaurants and some shopping within walking distance. Very friendly staff. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NFca
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Nfca - we appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Our hotel has been renovated and we have an excellent location near the mall and restaurants. Come back soon. Thanks.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had booked the room as non-refundable, then read the reviews. I am so glad that the hotel exceeded the reviews I read before our stay. Our room was clean (room 125) and looked to be remodeled in recent years. The bed was very comfortable Breakfast was good - bisquits/gravey, scrambled eggs, waffels, etc. and was well stocked. The front desk was friendly and helpful. We used the pool and hottub. The pool was warm (excellent temperature) and the hot tub was also good. Wish it was open until 11:00 vs. 10:00. Could use more towels and newer ones. The ones we had were worn and didn't dry well. Overall we had a very good experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BirmanGirl

Dear Birman Girl - we appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Yes, the hotel has new management and we are continuously making improvements to the hotel and our entire staff prides on maintaining a clean establishment. We're glad you will back. Look forward to it. Thanks.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel has new management who I believe will make a few necessary improvements. Overall the hotel is clean, the staff is very pleasant and the pool and hot tub were very nice. The new management is working hard and I believe will be successful in their endeavors. I will stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Mark - we appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Yes, the hotel has new management and we are continuously making improvements to the hotel and our entire staff prides on maintaining a clean establishment. We're glad you will back. Look forward to it. Thanks.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This Quality Inn is a step above average. It's a recently remodeled Comfort Inn and is in decent shape. The staff were OK. My king bed room was comfortable and quiet. The pool and spa seemed well maintained. The motel is located in a mall with Target and Walmart, but kind of on the edge so I noticed no traffic problems. There are several reasonable restaurant choices within walking distance. It's on the West side of Springfield, and if you're westbound on I72 you're through the city when you get to the motel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Eric R

Dear Eric - thank you for taking the time to post a review. We have renovated our hotel and continue to get positive feedback from guests. We are getting all new beds in 2014 which will be another great improvement to our hotel. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Come back soon. Thanks!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

It's ironic that this place is called Quality Inn. I went on a business trip here and needed to call the hotel. When I googled the number, I saw a review that mentioned they had beg bugs 5 mos ago. I naturally asked them about this, as it was too late to cancel my reservation. They assured me that it wasn't true and it was actually an issue with a tick in one room that a dog brought in. I decided I'd check for myself when I got there. When I pulled up, the building hardly looked like the pictures. Paint was chipped, etc. Looked like no one cared about the building at all. The inside wasn't much different and was stuffy. The girl at the desk was really nice and I was very impressed with her, As I went to my room on the 2nd floor, I noticed that the floor was uneven and the floor under me moved as I walked, both on 1st and 2nd floor. This was unsettling. After the elevator opens, the room directly across from mine is wide open and it looks like it was being maintenanced because there was stuff everywhere. The whole floor smelled like cigarettes, so I wonder if they were trying to clean smoke out of the room? Either way, I'd put all my guests on first floor. Or I'd leave that door closed, because its the first thing you see when you get off the elevator. I get to my room and it smells like a nursing home. I go to turn on the lights and 2 out of the 3 lamps don't work. I continue to the a/c and turn it on, and it doesn't work. I call the front desk and the girl tells me it takes 20 min before it will kick on, and I have to leave the curtains open. So I have to sleep all night with the curtains open if I want to be cool? I think, whatever, I'll deal with it and just never come back. So I go to the bathroom and naturally, the tub is dirty. Of course, right? So I decide to check for bed bugs and as soon as I pull back the mattress cover I see a HUGE pee stain on the mattress, right where my head was going to be. It had not even been attempted to be cleaned. This was the last straw for me. I left and will never return!

Room Tip: How about a different hotel?
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicole L
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Nicole - we appreciate your feedback and shared your thoughts with your staff. We have made major improvements to the hotel including an expanded breakfast seating area, new lobby, guest room bathroom amenity updates and repainted the building exterior. Our guests are ecstatic when they visit the hotel as the property photos will be updated in October on all the OTA's. It's a pleasant surprise when they see the vast property refresh items.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel has some problems, but the Manager Bryan Stratham (hope I spelled it right) was responsive and made a bill adjustment. The lobby and hallways smell like ashtrays and the bathroom exhaust fan tends to drag the smoke into non-smoking rooms. We also couldn't cool the room down. The A/C would run for 5 minutes and then shut down. I called the front desk about 8:30 P.M. and was told by the night desk person that the A/C was an older unit and would freeze up if temp was set to lower than 70 degrees. The room was about 80 and if I set the A/C to 70 it would still run a few minutes and then shut down. About 10 P.M. I solved the problem. The window drapes are too long and the bed is only a short distance from the A/C. The drapes would billow out and force the cold air to go downward towards the A/C between the bed and wall, causing the thermostat to read the cold return air. Pushing the drapes onto the window sill and weighting them down allowed the air to get out into the room and the A/C worked the rest of the night. The hotel also had a problem with their phone lines and internet and they were down in the morning so they couldn't issue copies of bills at checkout. They did take down email addresses and send them later in the day as attachment. If they solve these problems, as the Manager indicated he was working on, it is a good place to stay and has reasonable rates.

Room Tip: If the drapes are billowing over the air conditioner (in the King bed rooms), push the drape bottoms...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tom - we appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We have addressed any issues with our staff. Our GM is proactive and is a problem solver. Our PTACs are regularly examined and cleaned by our staff and a third party service. Glad our GM took care of all your concerns before departure and delivered another satisfactory stay.