“Need more Quality for value received....”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Huron, Ohio
“Need more Quality for value received....”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Service was spot on. Hallways smelled of smoke, room was decent but in need of deep cleaning, update and a proper height desk chair. The coach in my King Suite was in need of cleaning too. Breakfast was typical.

A/C seemed to be struggling and there was no "fan on" option.

For the price paid, I feel the value was just not there. Sometimes you pay more for less due to location.

I'd stay again unless other choices that were fully booked were available.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
YourWorldTraveler123, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest - thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay and hopefully you will give us another chance if you decide to come back through this area. We have replaced our ptac units for optimal climate control. We have a renovated hotel and our breakfast is in full compliance with Choice requirements for our brand. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ewing, Illinois
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I am in Springfield at least twice a month and I always stay at the quality inn and suites, the lady Latoya at the front desk is very nice as well as the rest of the staff, the staff cooked out one night and shared there cook out with me, and being away from home so much, it really was thought ful and very much appreciated, I stay at a lot of hotels and the staff there is by far my favorite you guys rock

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brenda W
Dear Brenda - thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay with 5 stars and we look forward to hosting again when you decide to come back through this area. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our staff.
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was perfect. Location was great close to all shopping. The beds were sooo comfortable didn't want to get out of it. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast. I will be staying there from now on. Pool was very warm. Overall great stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa D
Rodney M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
It's always a pleasure to see positive feedback from a guest.My staff and I work diligently to see that each and every guest has a clean, comfortable, stay. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your patronage. We look forward to your next stay!

Rodney M.
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I just wanted to take a moment of time to express my opinion on this location. In this day and age where everyone wants to complain about business' and they way run or don't run. I have a refreshing outlook for this Quality Inn & Suites. Certainly quality is the right word for describing this hotel. Rod the manger and his skills to make you feel welcome and truly like a guest in his home are second to none. A greeting with your name is what you can expect. Not only that but smiles throughout from all employees. If they have bad days they do not ever show it. Are there other hotels you can stay at, absolutely. Are there hotels that will give you the service, professionalism and eager to serve attitude. None that compare to this one. Stay here and enjoy a small part of your life that will leave you saying this John Zellerman fella is spot on. Thanks for reading my comments and thank you Quality Inn & Suites of Springfield for making me feel good in a world that sometimes does not want you to. Keep it up !!!!!

Room Tip: Great heat when you need it as well as the A/C.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John Z
Rodney M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Mr.Zellerman,

Thank You! What an inspirational response! I will share your words of insiration with my staff so as to encourage them and to show them that their efforts are recognized and appreciated.We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you for all of your future stays.Once again, Thanks!We are Quality, working towards superior guest satisfaction, one guest at a time!
Rodney M
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My company set me up here because they have room for truck parking....not really. The semis are supposed to park in the Bakers Square parking lot closest to the hotel. Only issue with that is if there's cars parked there (like there was) you need to park in the main hotel lot and if there's cars parked in it your about out of luck. The front desk couldn't find my reservation so Corporate Lodging called to get it straight (guess the front desk person that put me in the computer put my name in backwards). Nice size room, king bed. Micro fridge but no microwave. I was in need of a washer and dryer to do laundry, only the washer worked. The dryer had a note on it saying OUT OF ORDER. Come to find out that's the only washer and dryer they have. So in a hotel that has a capacity of about 80 rooms they have just one washer/dryer and those are not even working? There's plenty of stores withing walking distance (Walmart, Target, etc) and plenty of restaurants and an AMC movie theatre. I'd stay here again, but they really need to do something about the washer/dryer setup.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Erik - thank you for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to hosting again when you decide to come back through this area at a discounted rate. Our guest laundry facility was not required but added due to demand and both machines are repaired and working. We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our staff.
West Salem, Illinois
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My mother passed away suddenly last week and we immediately looked for a Choice hotel for accommodations as they are our 'go to' hotel brand. Our reservations were a bit complicated as we were redeeming points for some free night stays as well as paying for 2 extra nights beyond that. Also, our adult daughter would be joining us and sharing our room for several nights. Then we added another reservation for our oldest daughter, husband and 2 children who also joined us.We then added an extra night to their stay. Unfortunately our youngest who was staying in our room came down with the flu during our stay, just to complicate things further. The staff could not have been more accommodating and helpful. All of our revisions went thru smoothly and correctly. We asked for extra pillows, blankets, sheets, washcloths, etc and EVERY request was met with a sincere, "yes, of course!" All staff was friendly and helpful. They made a very difficult stay during a very difficult time the best it could have been. It had been sometime since we had stayed at this particular hotel, and was pleasantly surprised at the new, more spacious breakfast area and updated bathrooms. The hotel was clean, pool area was clean, and our rooms were all spotless. An absolutely great place to stay.

Room Tip: We chose a king suite with a pullout couch as we like the extra floor space it provides when moving...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Rodney M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm pleased to see that my staff was able to meet all of your needs.I will share your review with them so that they know their efforts are appreciated..Thank you so much for your patronage and we look forward to accommodating you and your family in the futurePlease accept our condolences at your time of loss.
Rodney M.
Idaho
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Spent a night here in early April, 2014. Since we were using some travel points and the "cost" of a room was the same, we chose a suite.

+Roomy

+King bed, fold-out sofa, flat screen t.v., fridge, microwave

+Bathroom very clean

-Not really a minus, but I like hotel rooms where the vanity is separated from the stool and tub/shower. Makes the area more versatile.

+Bed was super comfy

+Pool and hot tub area clean and well maintained; good supply of towels

+/- Free breakfast was the standard Choice Hotels menu. They need to upgrade it and switch it up a bit.

+Breakfast room clean and staffed

+/- The area around the hotel -- whether it is a plus or minus is up to your taste. It's away from city central and surrounded by chain restaurants and stores. So, if you're looking for a franchised meal, a Walmart or Target, they are nearby. If you'd prefer some local specialties, you'll have to drive

+Very quite area; we didn't hear a peep after lights-out

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rodney M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
It is always a pleasure to get positive feedback.The staff and I work diligently to make sure that all of our guests have a favorable stay. I will share your feedback with them as well, so that they are aware their efforts have been noticed.Thanks again for your patronage!We look forward to your next stay.