“Adequate”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I read the reviews before booking and didn't expect much. It was as described by previous comments. The hotel is very dated and needs a facelift inside and out. The room appeared clean, but there was a "ring" stain around the tub. It appears that many workmen use this hotel to stay in while working locally. I don't know if this is the "norm" or just when we stayed there. We had a good night sleep overall, and that is what we expected, but if you want more then go some place else.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelinJacks

Reviewed 16 October 2010

Our room was spacious, but everything seemed a little too old. The bedspread was definitely dated. The mattress was very soft and left me with a back ache the next morning. There was a little mold in the bathroom. Breakfast was scattered all over a too small room and the room was very cold. Lots of cigarette smoke on second floor. We had to be moved because of it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roadrunner58
Reviewed 1 October 2010

This hotel had dried grass from the lawn on some of the towels, hairs on the sheets and hairs in the bathroom. The areas around the light switches were grungy, and the room needed a good cleaning in general. The bed had a matress pad added to it. The sheets were not deep pocket and the fitted sheet kept creeping up the side of the mattress and pulling off. For only $10 more stay at the Comfort Suites on Dirksen Parkway.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank quilter309
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Located just off the main drag and near all kinds of shopping and restaurants. Don't miss free pie on Weds at the Baker Square right next door. Great sized room, clean with a nice bathroom. I had a "2 room suite" which is really just a silly bump out in the walls so they can try and call a larger room a suite.

Only two things I wasn't happy about. The really soft kind=g size bed (I slept lousy both nights) and the $3 safe fee they try and sneak onto your bill. Why on earth do tyey risk angering a customer (me) and have me not return to Comfort over $3.00? Stupid. Are you listening Comfort?

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank speccoat
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Freedom Dr. in Springfield for two nights this past weekend. We were very disappointed. Our room and the hallway smelled very musty. By the time we were checking out, my daughter, who has asthma, was complaining that her chest hurt her. We tried to use the hot tub the first night, but the jets were not working and the water temperature was scalding hot. We were really looking forward to a soak in the hot tub after a long day of walking downtown. Our feet were killing us, so we sat on the edge and let our lower legs dangle in the tub. After about 5 minutes, we had to take our feet out because it was so hot. Our legs remained red for a couple of hours afterwards. Prior to soaking them, I had called the front desk to ask if there was something wrong with the hot tub and I was told he would send someone down to look at it, but never did. The morning of our departure, my husband went back into the pool area to check to see if the jets were working yet. They weren't. My daughter swam in the pool the first night, but my husband noticed that there wasn't a lot of water movement from the pool filter, so he was worried that the pool filter wasn't working either. We didn't want her to swim in there again. It was very difficult to get any sleep in the hotel. The walls must be paper-thin. We were hearing doors slamming, people talking, laughing and screaming and the television from the next door room late into the night as well as early in the morning. The continental breakfast was disappointing also. The waffles, milk and orange juice that we had all tasted funny. The food supply wasn't well maintained either. They were very low on the cereals and the waffle battle mix drippled out of the dispenser. The bucket for the cream cheese was empty, also. The front desk staff was rather unfriendly and short also. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. We have stayed at Comfort Inns before and were happy, but this one was really bad! I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jerTinleyPark_IL
Reviewed 17 March 2009

I needed a place to stay in Springfield overnight after a recent job interview. The Comfort Inn was right off the highway and close to my interview, so I picked it more or less at random. The room was fine, certainly nothing was wrong with it. I enjoyed having free internet so I could check my email and make other arrangments online. My only problem is that I had a room right across from the pool, so the hall traffic was a bit distracting at times. Also, I felt the room price was a bit high for the quality of the room. Still, it was a decent experience, and I would probably stay there again--except that I got the job and will be moving to Springfield and so will probably have no need of staying in a hotel there in the future.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We were lucky enough to find a room at this hotel (during the state fair) after walking out the hotel we had booked over the phone (it was totally foul) While this place was almost twice the rate of the first hotel, we expected that due to the short notice and the high demand for rooms at the time.
The rooms were clean, the staff was helpful and we enjoyed our stay. The one thing that I wasn't thrilled about was our beds were VERY soft, however some people do like that. Overall this was a nice hotel and I would stay here again (though I would book ahead for a better rate!)

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)