“Tried It and Liked It”

Sleep Inn Springfield
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
“Tried It and Liked It”
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for after registering late for a trade show. This hotel was better than I expected. Room was clean and I was comfortable. I would stay here again. One point for management: don't let the desk clerk eat while she is checking in guests; this was a little off putting.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Barry H
SpringfieldSI_GM, General Manager at Sleep Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I am glad to hear you had a good experience and felt comfortable at our hotel. Also, thank you for letting me know about your experience at check-in, I will be sure to address this with the front desk staff. We hope you look to us again next time you find yourself in Springfield.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I've stayed here before. This hotel is convenient to the southern part of Springfield. It is pretty nice condition and beds are comfortable. The staff was very friendly, even the housekeepers who brought extra towels on request. There is a railroad track on one side of the building, so you may hear trains. All in all a good value and decent rate.

Room Tip: Go for a single bed room. The 2 bed rooms face the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank flynomore
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

The staff was courteous, room was clean, no bath tub but a very nice shower. Location was good; close to restaurants and shopping. Complimentary breakfast buffet was adequate. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Libby1121
Reviewed 6 January 2013

First, it took me a while to find this place since the sign fell off the building and they did not bother put it back on. The girl in the reception area had uniform on that had some yellow food particles and was on the phone the whole time I was checking in. The sign: sleep in was peeling of the wall in the reception area. The first impression: horrible.
Got room on the third floor and I was in for a surprise: food crumbs on the carpet, popcorn to be exact, surfaces were not wiped and beyond dusty, carpet has not seen a vacuum cleaner either in the recent few months. Shower stunk like a sewer and there were hair on the hair dryer. Bed cover had some brown stains-not sure if someone had diarrhea in bed. Took lots of pictures for proof. Got the room changed and the other one was slightly better but the same issue- dust, dust, and more dust. Lamps were only wiped in the front, desk chair is beyond dirty. Not planning to take a shower since there is mold on the tiles. Planning on using my wet wipes instead. If not the fact that it was late and the room was paid for I would have left.
It was originally booked for 15 nights but after just one night I am checking out. Shame on you whoever the manager and owner of this dump are!!
I am going to rate the service as average since the front girl switched the room.
Location close to highway.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Krowa1
SpringfieldSI_GM, General Manager at Sleep Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that I have addressed the cleanliness issues in your review with my housekeeping department and all other staff members. In regards to the sign, unfortunately it was blown down and damaged during a recent storm so a new one had to be ordered and will be up as soon as it comes in. Thank you for your feedback. We value our guests and use the feedback we receive to improve our hotel. We hope that you will give the Sleep Inn another try when in the Springfield area.
Forney, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We've stayed here on three separate occasions over the years, and we've enjoyed our stay at Sleep Inn each time. The hotel is always clean, the location is great, the staff is helpful, and there is plenty of parking (I don't know what the "five spots" thing was about). I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011
5 Thank CDF71
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We were with a Boy Scout Troop visiting the Lincoln Library. Jessica and her staff were fantastic. She worked closely with our group to make sure everything was perfect, and it was!
The kids had a great time, the breakfast was very nice and convenient, the rooms were clean and spacious for our group.
Highly recommend!! Easy access to all of the Lincoln attractions in Springfield. Lots of restaurants nearby for the boys to choose from.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jay L
chicago
Reviewed 14 April 2011

This hotel was over rated and over priced for what they offered. I reserved a room with queen size bed, what I got was a double size bed. The cabinets and tables were dirty (stained from soda) from previous days that were not cleaned. I forgot my toothbrush at home and when I asked for one, the attendance made several excuses why the hotel did not have any. The bed was old and smelly. I would not pay more than $29.90 per night for this hotel. This is not a hotel, but MOTEL. Please do not waist your money. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Another hotel not this one.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank drdjangi
SpringfieldSI_GM, General Manager at Sleep Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues are being addressed! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel, as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will give the Sleep Inn another try the next time you stay in the area