“Tired”

Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Surrey, UK
“Tired”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This Holiday Inn is poor in comparism to other Holiday Inns we've stayed in. It is in need of a update as is very tired. Breakfast dissapointing & there were no labels telling you what anything was - not that there was much choice.What our group thought was porridge was in fact mushroom soup - yuk... Is it just me or is that weird to have mushroom soup for breakfast?

Smokey Bones restaurant next door is worth a visit.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
MgrHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
The Holiday Inn Express is required to uphold all brand standards including our breakfast selection. Many guests choose our hotel because of the wide variety of items we offer our guests. We offer hot and cold items ranging from cereal to pancakes, and you cant forget about our famous cinnamon rolls. I promise you won't be disappointed with this sweet indulgence!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Very disappointed by this Holiday Inn. The equipment in the exercise room either does work or in need of repair. The carpet in the room was not vacuumed and don't even look when you go to plug in a device it was disgusting. The bathroom ceiling is very short if your over 6 foot tall you will have a problem taking a shower the ceiling tiles are in need of repair. I asked for extra towels and was asked to come get them. There is a new hotel opening soon at the end of the road also there are plenty of other hotels nearby. I will never stay again.

Room Tip: This is not a family hotel. If you want to use a pool you have to walk outsideto the Crowne Plaza. T...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
MgrHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
I want to personally apologize for the cleanliness of our fitness center during your stay and I take direct responsibility for it. I will immediately coach our team concerning the importance of this issue and its impact on our guests. We are currently in the planning stages for renovating our fitness center and replacing all of the existing equipment and I will pass your feedback to our ownership team. I would welcome additional feedback from you concerning your stay with us and address any other issues or concerns you may have about your experience.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Check in was done by the manager who, while recognizing me as a Platinum level club member, told me about changes and updates coming to the hotel. Right now the hotel is a little worn out and can use an updating. The heating unit in the room was confounding, either too cold or too hot but I was only there for one night so not a big deal. Hotel was quiet (and I was next to the expressway). The staff was great, very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast was standard breakfast bar offerings from Holiday Inn but well maintained and the area kept clean. Room and bathroom were both clean. I received a 2 for 1 drink offer from the front desk at the neighboring Crowne Plaza hotel but the service was so slow I left and went to Smokey Bones (very close to the hotel along with a few other bar/food choices) for some beer and BBQ. I get to the area 4-5 times a year and will probably stay again down the road when the improvements have been put in place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
MgrHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I appreciate the kind comments and we look forward to continuing improvements at the hotel and meeting your future needs. We are definitely very excited and appreciate your loyalty to the IHG Family of brands and your Platinum status!
Seneca, Kansas
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My husband and i stopped here on our way to visit family for Christmas and like it so much we stayed here again on the way home. Every person behind the front desk was kind and in a good mood, the rooms were clean, and the free hot breakfast had a large variety and was kept fully stocked. We felt very at home here!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
MgrHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stays with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed your experiences and that my team could contribute to your Holiday happiness. I will be sure to share your feedback with my team and we hope to serve you in the spirit of hospitality again!
illinois
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed here for conference next door at Crowne Plaza. Convenient for that
Room was nothing special. But only in it to sleep.

No issues with any services but only here for 2 days. Breakfast was decent, popcorn in the lobby.
Wifi was free which was a bonus since it did cost $10 a day if you stayed next door.

Could use some deep cleaning in areas. Did notice lot of dust behind the bedside table.

Plenty of places choses for eating in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
MgrHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. Our team is committed to providing a clean, comfortable and hospitable stay for all of our guests. I am in the process of working with our housekeeping team to ensure all of our rooms receive scheduled deep cleanings. We hope to have you stay with us again!
Moline, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

I travel to Springfield from time to time for work, and often stay at the holiday inn. I find that it's a decent stay, and I often choose the hotel for the points/rewards.

Rooms are always clean. The checkin is prompt.

They offer room service, which I haven't tried but have heard it is great. Breakfast is fine/standard.

Overall, it's a reliable place to stay. Bed isn't great.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for posting about your recent stay with us. I will share your positive comments with our team members as well as share bedding comments with our ownership. We take all comments to heart. We hope to see you again in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed here for a meeting this week. Overall the staff was nice and it was convenient for our meeting at the Crowne Plaza. The room cleanliness needs some work. The first night my sheets looked like someone had splattered bleach on them and it had eaten through some of the thickness of the sheet? It also had what looked like a blood stain. And we each had random hairs in our beds. There is so much dust on the wall decor and behind the night stand. Even potato chips on the floor that we noticed after the third day...and we had not eaten any chips! We got back late the second night and noticed we were left no wash clothes. Got back the third day from that conference at 4 pm and our room had still not been cleaned for the day. Housekeeping knocked on the door right after we returned and asked if we just wanted new towels instead of fully making up the room. We agreed and mentioned that we would need some wash clothes since we did not have any. We got wash clothes then but no hand towels.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Dear newlyweds111,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am delighted our convenient location suited you well and equally pleased you liked our hotel staff. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience caused by the condition of the sheet, overall cleanliness of the room and housekeeping services received. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

Zelyn N