Holiday Inn Express Springfield
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Suites(Springfield)
Midtown Inn(Springfield)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe crowne plazahi expressfront deskcinnamon rollspancake makerfree breakfastbed and pillowssmokey bonesstaff was friendlynight staydefinitely stay here againroom was largeroom keybiscuits and gravyillinois stategreat roomthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Had a great stay. The hotel was clean and the staff, especially Ashley H. at the front desk, was cheerful and helpful. I arrived later than expected and did not have all the information readily available. Ashley provided immediate assistance and was pleasant throughout the process.

1  Thank Tim T
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is the second time in a month I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express after spending years at the Crowne, frequently staying in Springfield. Ashley helped me both times and was very pleasant, efficient and accomodating. Her attitude and professionalism should make her superivsor proud.

1  Thank Judy H
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I recently completed a 2 night stay here. From check-in to check-out, I was nothing but impressed. The desk personnel were friendly and knowledgeable. The room was very clean and comfortable, with the bed having large, soft pillows and soft sheets. The bathroom was spotless (a rarity in most hotels). The only thing I could find wrong about the room was one if the privacy curtains was missing, however, the curtain still pulled closed with a gentle tug. The continental breakfast offered was varied, tasty and substantial. I will stay here again during my next stay in Springfield.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here while attending a conference at the full service crowne plaza next door.

We stay in HIE properties quite a bit. This one had all the normal items, but the entire place felt rather "tired." It appeared like it had been retrofitted at some point in time, which if not done well, shows. The ceiling in the bathroom was about 6'6" high, so something must have been added after the hotel was built. The counter in the bathroom was the older style, not that this makes a lot of difference.

Breakfast appeared to be the standard HIE fare, although I ate at my convention, so did not partake.

The route from this property to the full service crowne plaza next door was interesting. Basically you go through a back door down a gloomy hallway past the areas where they store tables, and convention center items. These two properties are almost certainly owned or managed by the same group, so I was surprised they didn't have this figured out better.

I would stay here again, but wouldn't want to if I was trying to make an impression on someone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Illiniwek66
MgrHIX, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

We appreciate your feedback and value your opinion. I have forwarded your comments on to Crowne Plaza management so we can make the hallway more welcoming and accessible.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My name is Latricia Tall. I came to this hotel as a sponsor of a group of 20 children who are members of the National Junior Beta Club. The staff ( Anecha, Ashley,Janet, Kelly,Trene, Denise, and David ) were very accommodating to our group!! We had a late train ride out, so they held our luggage while we went out to lunch (about 22 bags).They helped us to get transportation to the train station, and they found an extra room for us even though the hotel was full to capacity with convention participants! We had a great free breakfast, which saved our members time and money because we didn't have to go out to buy breakfast! We received service with a smile from all the front-desk and housekeeping staff!! The rooms were comfortable and clean; and the beds and pillows were perfect!! We will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future!! Loved it!! ; )

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for the great comments! We enjoyed hosting Beta Club and look forward to seeing you again next year.