“Enjoyable stay”

Holiday Inn Express Springfield
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. We attended the Prairie Land National Mustang Show. The entire staff was very friendly & helpful. The breakfast was good & the area was very clean. The bed was very comfortable & the room was clean.
Ashley H helped me with my reservations & any questions I had. She was very friendly & always had a smile for us. We will stay here again the next time we are in the Springfield area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MgrHIX, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Its our pleasure co-hosting the car show and we hope to see all the classic cars again next year!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I am a truck driver and have to check in early due my hours restriction. Ashley H. is so very helpful in getting me a room when needed. The hotel is very clean and quiet. They also have room for a tractor trailer to park. I love staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Steven N

Thanks for taking the time to recommend our hotel. We appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am usually quite snobby when i pick hotels but was allocated this hotel as part of a Route 66 Tour itinerary package when i did the trip back in 2011. I later invested in a rental income property in the town and have been back to Springfield every year since, and have stayed at the HIE every time i visit town.

The hotel itself is situated in a perfect location, just off the interstate and surrounded with great places to eat and not too far from my property. There is also ample parking.

Check in is always fast and friendly and on one occasion a member of staff recognised me even though my stays are usually a year apart! The rooms are clean, fresh looking and i can always get a decent night sleep.

Breakfast is another great plus about this hotel, they have everything you look for in a breakfast and cater for pretty much anyone (i'm a vegetarian). I don't really touch any of the hot food because i don't eat meat but they have plenty of cereals, bagels, muffins, pancakes and fruit etc and plenty of coffee/fruit juices etc to keep me happy. I can't remember her name but the older lady who looks after the breakfast area is fantastic and won't let you leave on empty stomach! She always tells you to take something for the road too! She is a credit to the hotel, and should be recognised.

On one occasion we stayed a couple of nights at the Hilton Garden Inn (more expensive!) next door but after a few nights we left and checked in to the HIE which is far better value for money and in my opinion a lot nicer.

The Holiday Inn Springfield opened my eyes up to the brand and now i always look out for them when i'm on the road as i know what i'm going to get.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Aearin

We love to hear comments like this, and happy to hear that you consider us a home away from home.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was my 8th year of staying at the Holiday Inn Express, Springfield, for our annual student council state convention. I have never been disappointed with the quality of service and the efforts of the staff to accommodate our needs. They go out of their way to make sure all is ready for the students and advisors to check-in.

Two people who impress me the most every year are Anesha and Elvyra. After the long drive to Springfield, I cannot wait to see Anesha's smiling face and receive her warm welcome at check-in. She makes me feel like I just came home! She is absolutely wonderful! Elvyra takes care of the breakfast service with a smile and a sense of pride in her work that is truly outstanding. She just was not going to let me get away without trying one of the warm cinnamon rolls!

It is so nice to go to a hotel where the staff actually talks to you and makes you feel welcome. I have been to many other hotels where you are lucky if the staff even looks at you. Holiday Inn Express Springfield treats you like family where others treat you like an imposition! We will continue to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Springfield for as long as possible!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
MgrHIX, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

... marks this good example of a HI Express. Check-in was competent and speedy, the room was clean, and the HI Express breakfast was well done, in spite of a horde of school children on some kind of tour. The only problem was that the signage is somewhat obscured by the adjacent Crowne Plaza (isn't that such a precious final "e").

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We do accommodate many different types of guests from the business traveler to traveling sports team. Its good to hear feedback about how well we manage these different groups especially when the hotel is full. Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for a business trip and the hotel was what I expected from a Holiday Inn. Room was clean and quiet, plenty of toiletries, clean linens, etc. The breakfast is the standard Holiday Inn breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate the comments you posted.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Ashley H. deserves a raise! She was amazing! She found us two rooms when the whole city was booked solid! She went above and beyond the call of duty! Thank you so much and when we come back through, we will definitely stay again! Thanks so mcuh!

Room Tip: Ashley H. was our guardian angel! Thanks so much!