Drury Inn & Suites Springfield
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Suites(Springfield)
Midtown Inn(Springfield)
  • Pool
All reviewshot dogsnachosfree drinksbaked potatoevening kickbackmixed drinksevening foodwafflespool areahot breakfastpool and hot tubcomfortable roomthe general managercomfortable staygreat place to staylincoln sitesfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Drury Inns provides a wonderful hot breakfast. They also serve complimentary evening cocktails, soft drinks and a wide variety of snacks. This certainly adds to the overall value of this hotel. The staff are exceptionally helpful and courteous. The only negative to our visit was that the air conditioning in the pool area was out of order making it far too hot to enjoy the pool. Otherwise, it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We are happy to hear you enjoyed all of our great amenities - our free Hot QUIKSTART breakfast and hot 5:30 Kickback snacks! It is our goal to make sure each and every guest has an enjoyable experience. Your comments have been forwarded to hotel management team for follow up. On a positive note, our pool air conditioner has been replaced! We sure hope you give our hotel, in Springfield and our pool, another try.

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed for four days. This is one of the really nice, updated properties of Drury. Can't beat the value of having a HUGE FREE breakfast selection, FREE cocktails and PLENTY of FREE "dinner type" choices included with reasonable rates. The view from this particular Drury was a commerical mall and industrial type area (but well populated and good parking lot lighting, not noisy). The perks and excellent service far outweigh the view.

One of the managers, Derek I believe, was unbegrudgingly, smilingly clearing off breakfast plates and wiping down tables the morning I left. The breakfast area was well staffed both in the morning and at the cocktail hour.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I found this hotel just to be basic and a little out dated. The air conditioning in the bedrooms are very loud especially as it was 95 degrees outside. The air conditioning in the swimming pool was down so the area was shut off. The staff are very helpful. The food is great. Next time I will be staying at the Crowne Plaza hotel across the way.

Room Tip: Try and get a room without a 1980's AC unit.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TrevorPresley
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Reviewed 29 June 2011

I chose this hotel after researching all the choices in Springfield. First impression was negative with two huge smokestacks spewing pollution at a nearby factory. When we arrived the pool's AC was out and would be out for a couple of weeks. Our room was ok. The staff at the front desk was helpful in the fact that the crib I requested was already there and they called to make sure we had everything we needed. There were no trash bags in the trash cans which seemed unsanitary since we were throwing diapers in them. The front desk told me they do not use them since it makes it easier to clean the rooms. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom, which is very strange. The pool, when we went to look at it had a film over it. We went swimming in it because our six year old really wanted to swim. The happy hour was nice, but fattening. I loved the free drinks. When I went to request an extra towel in the evening, I noticed a group of about 10+ children and at least four adults entering the room across the hall from us. I mentioned this to the front desk clerk and she nonchalantly said they were in two rooms. 14+ people in two rooms is a little extreme. I asked if we could be moved if they were loud. She said to call the front desk. I asked again what would happen if they were loud and she replied call us. After doors slamming for two hours and the people across from us being extremely loud, I did just that. No one answered the phone at the front desk and I finally gave up and tried to sleep. Needless to say neither I, nor my husband slept well that night (but the kids did). The beds were ok with cheap sheets. The remote's battery went dead. The breakfast was ok. Overall this hotel was a major disappointment. This is the first and last time we will stay at a Drury Inn.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JenniferMO
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We are disappointed to hear that you are disappointed with us! It is our goal to make sure each and every guest has an enjoyable experience. Your comments have been forwarded to hotel management team for follow up. As a side note, liners are not placed in our trash cans for safety reasons for small children. We sure hope you give our hotel, in Springfield or at one of our other locations, another try.

Reviewed 29 June 2011

This was our vacation and we decided to see sites in Springfield, IL. For just two people we chose the king room. The room was an okay size. It had a recliner chair to watch TV - which was a flat screen. Three HBO stations were included in the free TV. But the other stations were fairly limited. The bed was okay and the choice of soft or firm pillows was great. The internet connection was good to have for free. The bath is divided so one can use the sink while the other can bathe. We choose to use the free breakfast all three mornings we were there. We did eat our dinner at the "Kick Back" from 5:30 to 700 PM on the first night we were there. At first we thought the hotel location might be a bit far out. But we received a one page set of directions to the most popular sights and found we easily navigated the streets of Springfield. The sites turned out to be only minutes away.

On our first night there we received a phone call from the hotel management asking us if we were happy with our room. I was so astounded by this that it took me a couple of moments to give them an answer. We were pleased with this action. After that we did see good customer service in all employees.
We did see the pool and hot tub, but did not use it.
We would stay again if we go back to Springfield, IL.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family