Drury Inn & Suites Springfield
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$94
US$113
US$126
US$114
  • Pool
Motel 6 Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$56
  • Pool
US$112
US$89
US$91
HIExpress.com
US$60
US$56
Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$65
All reviewshot dogsnachosfree drinksbaked potatoevening kickbackmixed drinksevening foodwafflespool areahot breakfastpool and hot tubcomfortable roomthe general managercomfortable staygreat place to staylincoln sitesfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Got adjoining rooms for our party of 3 humans and. 2 dogs. Sparkling clean and exceptionally well soundproofed. Desk staff were super helpful because we missed the evening reception. Breakfast was good, not exceptional but offered yogurt, cereal, eggs, sausage, biscuits, bagels, waffles etc. At checkout price was $10 LESS than we were quoted on phone - a rare surprise.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank DrSchmincke
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was a little leery, I usually find that after a couple years the rooms show signs of wear and tear and I am still paying the same price. I haven't been here for quit some time.

To my surprise our room was tastefully updated and renovated and very clean as usual. There were quit a few small things that really made my stay more comfortable.

One - the chair was set up to actually look at the tv and there was a skinny end table, we slide the desk chair next to the table and we were both comfortable Plenty of lighting choices, some bright some not so bright.

Lots of outlets so I could place my gadgets conveniently where I wanted too.

Lighter colored furniture brightened the room and I like the local art around the hotel.

Bathroom is that same old angle room. Never did like that. And the counter/sink were a bit small. Water pressure was ok.

Mattress was comfy and the bedding clean, crisp and cozy.

Pool was too chilly to swim in , but the hot tub was fine, almost too hot.

We enjoyed kick-back. There were a lot of people but the line moved quickly and we had no problems. Lobby was comfortable and clean. I did notice a sign that you can pay for kick-back and breakfast, so if you had a guest visiting they could pay to join you as well.

They do have a sweet pantry to get several items and food. A little over-priced but beats going out to the store.

The only complaint I had was at breakfast. The toaster malfunctioned, burned my toast to a crisp- I mean like dust. Oddly couldn't smell it. Well that set off the smoke alarm, fire doors engaged and the fire dept showed up ! I have to say the alarm was loud & annoying and it did scare several kids but the staff was on the ball and all the right things happened quickly.

When I went back to my room on the 5th floor, we were in the atrium part- all we could smell was burnt toast. Guess the smell went straight up.

Love the changes and hope the Drury stays fresh and comfortable as always.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I try to stay at Drury hotels whenever possible when I have my black Lab in tow, because the Drurys are always neat and clean and accommodating to my dog. Plus he loves the food from the free 5-7 dinner buffet, if we can make it there on time! This time we didn't get to the buffet, but the front desk staff greeted us enthusiastically with a treat for Woodrow, my Lab, and our room was typically Drury-neat and clean. The hot breakfast (also Woodrow-approved) is a plus, and there are amenities close by and accessible: Panera down the street, Starbucks a couple of miles away, so I could get espresso before getting back on the road.

I stayed at this particular Drury while driving from Kansas to Boston--my first night on the road and it was very pleasant. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jenna92
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We have stayed at Drury annually for the past 6+ years and have always found the hotel to be well worth the cost especially for families. This year we has a two room suite and absolutely loved our accommodations. We attend the Illinois State Fair every year and never leave disappointed. Drury represents an exceptional value and I seek this chain first whenever I travel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We had an overall good experience at the Drury Inn & Suites, but pack your patience too if you plan to take advantage of the free extras.

The popcorn and sodas in the lobby were great, but the free drink and appetizer time in the evening was a joke. We stayed two nights and neither night did we even bother to stand the very long, slow moving line. This was disappointing to me since I booked here to save some money by eating at the hotel, but apparently the other 250 patrons had the same idea.

Breakfast was a little better, but still crowded. Thanks to our two young children we were up early and able to get down to eat before everyone else did. Tasty food too!

The pool was very cold, and the hot tub was not hot. Once again though with two small kids anything works after you're used to the temp.

The staff was helpful with the minor requests we made, and the hotel was very clean. The beds were comfortable. I would stay there again if the price was right, but I wouldn't count on the freebies.

Room Tip: We booked our room for only one night and then the day of the trip we got an e-mail to extend our trip by one night for about 50% the cost. It worked for us because we were on the fence about how long to stay anyway. If the situation works for you I'd suggest you try it. (the second night was a Sunday, that might have something to do with it too)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We understand the demand for our Kickback on nights in which the hotel is fully occupied with families, and we work in every way possible to keep the lines moving and open up additional seating when needed. One thing we work very hard on is serving the same great, high quality food one will find at the start of Kickback (5:30 p.m.) all the way to the end of Kickback (7:00 p.m.). We want our guests to know that should they choose to wait for the initial demand to slow we will not run out of food and it will be served at the highest standards. I will double check our pool and spa temperatures over the past couple of weeks and work with our property engineer to ensure we are keeping the pool at the correct temperatures to ensure guest comfort and satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Chris Fultz