“baseball”

Drury Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for a baseball tournament. Great location not far from everything you could want to do in Springfield. Nice, clean rooms and pool area. The kids enjoyed swimming and they had a small patio area right outside the pool that was nice to sit and eat in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Springfield

Reviewed 25 May 2014

What a welcome. That front desk guy Justin (or Jason) was super funny. Second best check-in ever. We were so disgusted by the Braves lack of inspired play, that we left after the game Saturday and on the spur of the moment stayed in Springfield to go to the Lincoln Museum on Sunday. Again we were not disappointed with this chain. Another great stay. This is the best hotel chain for traveling. Their rooms are big enough for us, the bedding is always good, the water pressure is good. We have never had a problem. It's worth the extra $10-20 over most hotel brands. There is always a light 530PM dinner and Breakfast in the morning. Their pools and whirlpools are great after a day of travel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jwong29371
Reviewed 15 May 2014

All the things you expect at Drury Inn. Clean, comfortable room. Evening kick-back snacks and drinks. Morning quick-start breakfast. Good location. Check-in staff did an especially good job checking us in and making us feel welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BallBounces
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very nice property. Clean room, comfortable bed, and nice breakfast buffet. Friendly staff and helpful. Don't know what else you could ask for. Convenient southeast location. Did not use pool or fitness room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JChristopher
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Our stay at the Drury couldn't have been nicer. The room was immaculate, the staff was more than helpful and the evening and morning buffet were more than could be expected. Even the managers were on hand to bus the tables while you were eating. We enjoyed the Lincoln package that included two tickets to the Lincoln Museum. What a treat. Would recommend this hotel without any reservations. Thank you Drury for making our trip so extraordinary.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J I
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My first contact with this hotel was the phone reservationist the night before. I had to go home earlier than I planned, so I had to call to see if a room was available. The reservationist was very kind sounding and found me a room, and even gave me a small discount. The desk person who checked me in was very nice too. The room was clean and the mattress comfortable. One thing that was irritating was that the room frig had a high-pitched whine, and I couldn't turn it off because the controls seem to have been removed. I went downstairs for Drury's famous "Kickback" buffet. I had a hot dog and some Italian pasta with meat balls. The sauce on the pasta was good enough that I'd order it at a restaurant. A young man working the buffet was helpful with a couple of requests I had. The sad thing about the food is that it was stone cold. Amazingly, they give 3 free alcoholic drinks to guests. However, there was a line of about 5 people for that and I just didn't feel up to standing in line. The night was uneventful. The Wi-Fi was good. I didn't hear any noises from other rooms because I had to put in earplugs because of the whining of the fridge. The breakfast the next morning tasted fine, but again it was stone cold. I would probably stay here again since they do have only a nominal fee for pets, and the free food idea is kind of fun, if only they could keep it warm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side if you get freaked out by electrical generating plants. On the east...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us; your feedback is greatly appreciated. I asked our property engineer to check the refrigerator that is in the room you stayed in to ensure it was fixed immediately. I am also reviewing with our managers and chefs the proper food temperature check procedures that should occur at regular intervals throughout both KickBack service and breakfast service. It is our commitment to serve fresh, hot food throughout service and we will work to ensure that happens during every stay. If you have additional questions or concerns please feel free to call the hotel and ask to speak with any of our management team members.

We appreciate your business and hope to have you as our guest again!

Chris F.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for two nights with our two young kids. We found the hotel to be clean and nice looking. The area seemed safe and access to the expressway and downtown was easy. The free hot meals are always a draw for us. The pool was a more comfortable temperature than most hotels. My only complaint was that there was not a restroom near the pool, which would be really nice for small children. The staff was very friendly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends