“Very pleasant stay!”

Drury Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 4 July 2006

Our recent stay at the Drury Inn was very pleasant. We had a 2-room suite and was very satisfied with the amount of space this provided for my husband and I and our 3 children. The hotel was clean and well decorated. The breakfast provided was a cut above that of other hotel chains. We really enjoyed the free drinks and snacks that the hotel provides between 5:30 and 7:00 pm. There were free cocktails, wine and beer for the grownups and juice and pop for the kids. There was also nachos and cheese, pretzels, chips, etc. This provided a very nice afternoon break after sightseeing. The Drury Inn also has a computer available in the lobby for the use of patrons. This was very nice for those of us who do not have laptops. I believe the room had free internet for those who do have laptops. The pool area was clean and very well maintained. The pool was suitable for children, being shallow enough at one end. One thing to keep in mind is the hotel's location. It is rather far from downtown Springfield. Most of the hotels in Springfield are outside the historic city center on Dirksen, as is the Drury Inn. This did not bother us as there was not a lot of traffic and Springfield is rather compact, but you can not walk to the LIncoln attractions. However, the Drury Inn is located right by an exit of I-55, so it is ideally located if you are traveling on I-55. This was our first stay at a Drury hotel, and based on our experience in Springfield, we will select Drury again.

• Stayed: June 2006
11  Thank crazywith3kids
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Springfield

Reviewed 28 May 2006

Last spring break we decided to visit Springfield and after saw the tripadvisor reviews we decided to try this hotel...and we really enjoyed it. The room was very good and clean, the free breakfeast.....delicious ! ! ! The swimming pool area was nice. a little bit small..., but my 8 years old daugther really liked and have lots of fun. The hotel localization is good...really close to the highway...and not far from the attractions. All in all....this hotel is really a good deal in Springfield...and I recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2006
8  Thank Deni_roc
Reviewed 11 April 2006

We stayed at this hotel because it had a favorable rating from Trip Advisor. Well, TripAdvisor came through for us. We paid extra for a 2 room suite and was glad that we did. Our room was clean and spacious. There is a computer in the computer room for use, free wireless in rooms, free long distance and local phone calls. There is a manager's reception every night with free cocktails and horsdoevres. My kids loved it. The continental breakfast buffet in the a.m. was delicious with a fabulous variety. Food was warm and tasty. The minor complaint was a horde (24 of them, I asked)of pre-teenaged girls arguing with each other in the pool area and comandeering the pool and the hot tub. I told my husband to just climb into the hot tub and they would probably get out. Instead of climbing out, they all stayed in the tub and told my husband all of their problems. I thought that one was funny. Thank god my husband is patient. My poor son was the only male in the room and he felt that there was no room for him in the pool. Oh well, small problem for a nice place.

• Stayed: April 2006
8  Thank alwaystosagirl1983
Reviewed 22 March 2006

Have stayed here before and came back again. This time we found out how the staff went the extra mile. It snowed the night we stayed with blizzard comditions with 5 inches of snow. I went to pack the car to leave and the staff was out cleaning the windows off of the cars. Mine was cleaned off and I personal thanked them for this. I will stay again and again when I go to Springfield. The pool and our bathrooms was very clean and to me that is a ++++++.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
8  Thank 70D
Reviewed 14 February 2006

My husband, toddler and I stayed here and had a wonderful time. The Drury Inn has a wonderful hot breakfast in the morning, and a manager's reception at night - complete with appetizers and cocktails! While we were there we enjoyed the pool, free long distance (you get one hour free), and complimentary popcorn and soda in the fridge in our room. The staff was friendly and the property was clean. It was a great value for our money. We are returning for business in a month and are looking forward to our return visit to the Drury.

• Stayed: November 2005
7  Thank hpknox
Reviewed 29 January 2006

clean rooms, good service, hot breakfast, fair price, friendly staff, clean big pool, micro wave, fridge, comfortable beds, great maid service!

our first ever stay at a drury was in springfield, MO and swore I would never stay at another.

next time have the chance to stay at a Drury, I will give it much more serious consideration.

Great Job Springfield Illinois!!

Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank Victor031
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 August 2004

Newly remodeled rooms and biscuits and gravy for breakfast! I had free high speed internet in my room too, along with free popcorn and soda with the fridge. Free cocktails on weekdays. All in all, great place! Definitely will return.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member