“Great place to stay on business trips!”

Drury Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites for just one night. I liked it enough that I chose it to stay at for my next trip down to the Springfield area. First impression was not good though: the hotel has a rundown appearance when you first arrive. There is a huge hole in the carport roof, and the windows and outside of the building have a dirty appearance. However, upon entering the hotel you notice it is clean and well kept, even if it is a bit of an older property. The staff is wonderful. Very accommodating to our needs, and suggested a terrific seafood place in a "haunted" mansion just down the street that had the best salmon I have eaten in quite some time.
We thoroughly enjoyed the 5:30 happy hour drinks - the bartender was very cheerful and funny. Soda and popcorn were a welcome addition to my late night work schedule. They also have a freezer where you can purchase ice cream over by the front desk!
The free wireless internet worked flawlessly, and the mini office area was fine for printing out some papers I needed. Unfortunately the printer is only black & white.
The room was prefectly adequate. I thought the pillows were comfy, and it was very clean. Breakfast the next morning was okay, not delicious, but filling and free. They had biscuits & gravy which was unusual and nice to see. The coffee was really good.
As I said, I liked it well enough that I will stay there again this week.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 April 2010

Meh. This hotel is a little worn. Older decor, older TV. Free food, free wifi, nice staff. Not much else to say. We weren't crazy impressed with Springfield in general.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2010

Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and always welcome feedback as it gives us an opportunity to identify areas we can work on to improve future stays. At Drury, we work hard to provide great service and a great value to our guests and hope you will keep us in mind when traveling in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2010

Staff.... Friendly, Kind, and Extremely Helpful. They recommended shops, restaurants, and attractions to us, which was great because we hadn't been in the area before.
Room...Not the best I've ever stayed in but very clean and comfy.
Location...Not too far but not too close to Downtown Springfield, which is where we spent most of our time. The convenience of a store directly across the hotel helped us out when we noticed we failed to pack toothbrushes. If you don't want to venture too far away from your hotel to eat, there is a Steak and Shake right next to the hotel, and a Bob Evans Restaurant nearby.
Bonuses... All you can eat breakfast-I don't know if it changes from time to time, but they had cereal, waffles,eggs, biscuits&gravy, sausage, french toast, and hot coffee, milk, orange juice, and apple juice. FREE
Pool- Very well kept indoor pool, and a hot tub. It was nice and relaxing after a long day of walking around. FREE
5:30 dinner- I'd have to say this is what I liked best about the hotel. The night we did have dinner at the hotel, they had egg rolls, chicken wings, salad, carrots, celery, baked potato. You could get cocktail drinks and wine, soda, or water. This dinner changes every night. FREE
Popcorn and Refreshments- I believe right around lunch time they start popping delicious popcorn in this little popcorn cart. They have bags and salt right next to the cart, and a scooper inside. It's a nice snack. They have also got a soda machine that's working all the time, which also has water and lemonade. FREE
I can't really find anything I didn't like about this hotel! It's a great place to stay whether you're on business or leisure!
(For those of you on business they did mention that there was a fax machine you could use. I'm not sure if it is free or not because I didn't use it.)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank nessie900
Reviewed 2 March 2010

This was a very nice hotel. It is located a little way outside of the main downtown area but very easy to get to. The rooms were comfortable and the staff was extraodinarily friendly. Be sure to mention if you have AAA at reservation for a discount. Manager cocktails and Kickback was nice. There were plenty of snacks to choose from: chips, salad, meatballs, chicken tenders, nacho fixings, baked potatoes. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Breakfast was one of the better complimentary ones we have had. Waffles were crisp on outside and tender on inside. The scrambled eggs had cubed ham, cheese and even salsa if you wanted to add them. All in all this was a great choice.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I really can't say enough about this hotel. We live only an hour away but brought my 5 yr old daughter to stay all night and swim for her birthday. A friend of mine met me at the hotel with her 2 daughters. This was a Friday afternoon. We had the pool to ourselves for 3 hours! It was great! Then there were the free drinks, free hot dogs, chili, baked potatos and salad. The room and the carpet were very clean. Free wi-fi in the room. The breakfast the next day was great. French toast, eggs, cereal, sausage. Not just your muffins and cereal laid out. We will definitely be coming back. Oh yeah, wanted to point out it was very quiet too. We never heard a thing from outside our room.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Let me start out and say the staff was very friendly and helpful.The new hot foods that was served with evening cocktails was great.Also the room was clean and the bed was very confortable.
However, I feel the rooms need some updating . The hot tub has been replaced in the cool pool area,however the water was cool to be in. I realize that the out door temps outside was subzero the pool area at 9:00 AM was cold. I was disapointed in this area.
The hot breakfast was very good and up to Drury standards.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2010

Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed your room, breakfast, and the new hot food and cold beverages at our 5:30 Kickback! We are sorry to hear, though, about the cool temperatures you experienced in the hot tub. Our pool area does open at 9 am and if the hot tub had been filled early in the morning during pre-opening procedures, it is possible that it had not yet warmed up enough. Your comments have been passed along to hotel management to follow-up with them maintenance team to further investigate the hot tub temperature issue. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable stay and your feedback helps us identify areas that we can work to improve to make this happen for all guests. We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2009

Stayed here for one night. The house staff are friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. They had complimentary drinks and snacks in the evening which was nice. The breakfast in the morning was complimentary and good - similar to what you get in a Best Western or Holiday Inn. They have a nice lobby with a Atrium.

Wireless internet was available and was fast. Plenty of parking is available. The hotel is located close to I-55, and there are a lot of restaurants (Panera Bread, Steak and Shake, Mc. Donalds), shopping centers, hotels (Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn), gas stations (Circle K) etc located around the hotels. Check out time in 11:00 AM.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple