“Used for family wedding”

Courtyard Springfield
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
“Used for family wedding”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Stayed during Illinois State Fair weekend for sibling wedding at a nearby country club. We had a suite because we had our young son with us and he needed a room to himself. The bed was VERY comfortable, but the room was a bit musty, we attempted to move, but they did not have any other suites available. The "living" room was very comfortable and large and accommodated us very well. The front desk staff was VERY helpful, we needed a quick trip to an Urgent Care and since we were not local they helped us very quickly.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This Courtyard struck me as being past its peak. I was a little bit uncomfortable with the neighborhood after dark.

Front desk clerk was affable and perky. Hotel lobby seemed a little small and dark. Our room was clean but on the older side. The air in the room was musty.

We drove a block north to Applebee's for dinner. After dinner, there were man, a woman, and two kids loitering around a van with open doors in the dark parking lot. Arriving in the hotel parking lot after dark, I was uncomfortable enough with the loud patrons of the restaurant and bar next door to the hotel that I made sure to park on the opposite side of the lot from them. We were on the road for 10 days on this trip, and this neighborhood was the least comfortable we encountered.

Continental breakfast was available but unremarkable.

If I visit Springfield again, I'll stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jt_home
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Jt_home,
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Springfield. I apologize if you have a less than perfect stay. Guest safety is very important to us, and I want to assure you that our property is located in a safe neighborhood. I hope that you will offer us another opportunity to prove it to you the next time you are in Springfield.

Nathan B.
Chatham, Illinois
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The staff of this Marriott bent over backwards to make my family and I feel welcomed and at home. Their new remodel looked very modern and elegant. I would definitely stay here again! Their breakfast was delicious, and I had no complaints with my stay! Great hotel! Highly impressed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Woodland Park, Colorado
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My family and I stayed here for three nights while in Springfield to attend a funeral. The size of the bedrooms was okay for a family of four, but the bathroom was tiny. Small inner bathroom with old bath/shower and toilet - toilet broke while we were there, but maintenance was prompt with the repair - outer vanity and sink was barely large enough to hold a toiletry bag. We moved the coffee pot and glasses elsewhere to gain some space. If anyone is attempting to use the sink there is hardly enough room to let a person pass to get to the bathroom. I disliked the pillows - very hard and small, but that is a personal preference. It would be an okay place for one. Overall, for the price, I expected a bit more.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gypsygirlvaca
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Gypsygirlvaca,
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Springfield. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us, especially during a difficult time. I am sorry that the bathroom in your room did not meet your needs. I will bring your feedback to my management team for further discussion. If you find yourself back in Springfield I hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Nathan B.
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel is updated and more modern than some hotels we've stayed in. We are a family of three and stayed in Springfield for the Lincoln sites. It is right off the hwy and located down the road from Target, Wal-Mart, McDonald's, Starbucks, and Baker's Square. It isn't far from a shopping mall and other well known restaurants. I would stay here again! The pool is a little small and the hot tub only seats 6 or 8. The patio is very nice with plenty of seats.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank myscrapbook2011
MO
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were a family of 3, parents and an 8 year old. The front desk staff was always courteous and helpful. Our room was newly decorated and had 2 comfortable queen size beds and faced the front of the hotel away from the busy street. I had requested a quiet room and they delivered. Keeping an 8 year old busy was not a problem since the pool is indoors and large enough for play. We noticed the cleanliness there, too. We used the lobby cafe for breakfast and were pleased with the selections and quality. Since there is a WalMart across the parking lot that it shares with a variety of stores, any "forgotten" items could be purchased.
The front desk staff also recommended "World Peace Taxi" company who we called often during our stay. The cabs are spotless and the drivers were always prompt.

Room Tip: the front of the hotel faces a very large parking lot, away from the busy street
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Connie K
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stay at this hotel often in my travel between Texas Nd Wisconsin. The service is always very good. They allow us to request a specific room. They have great patios to enjoy the beautiful weather and fresh air. They have an outdoor patio area off the main lobby. Great breakfast, but get it included in your rate.

Room Tip: Room 201 is great!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple