“ok. not so clean for summer.”

Courtyard Springfield
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 24 July 2014

kind of honey bees in room and woke up this morning with little swollen back and palm. Leftover sting in palm. Reported to front desk and they do not have tweezers to remove sting or any first aid to sooth it. Front desk lady said, manager is going to call but no one did not care to call or no email that they will take care of it. Front desk people knows it and while leaving at least did not ask for "Is every thing OK"
Being a frequent business traveler, never expected this from a marriott chain.
Trying to avoid this hotel till summer end when bugs are active.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Srini V,
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Springfield. I'm so sorry to hear about the negative experience you had and that we were not able to provide you with the first aid items you were looking for. I'm also sorry for any miscommunication that occurred between my staff and yourself. It is always our goal to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and it appears we came up short. I hope that you will allow us an opportunity to make up for this on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our family stayed one night here. The positives were-nice pool and whirlpool, comfy beds and nice décor, attentive and kind staff. The negative-it wasn't the cleanest. There was a brown stain on the comforter which the staff apologized for and replaced. I understand these things happen. But, I also find another stain on one of the pillow cases, several spots of mold in the shower and the back splash around the sink felt dirty. I wiped it and it turned the cloth brown with dirt. Also, while brushing my teeth, I noticed lots of toothpaste splatter crusted on the wallpaper behind the sink. I really liked the staff but these things just grossed me out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank m v
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear M v,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Springfield. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool and kind staff. Please accept my apologies that your room was not properly cleaned. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will followup with my housekeeping staff to ensure that any deficiencies have been corrected. We want every guest to have an exceptional stay, and I'm truly sorry that we came up short. Please allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to Springfield.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was a great place to stay, seemed recently updated with fairly new beds and décor. Everything was immaculate, and the staff was wonderful. It is easy to get to off Veterans and there is a ton of stuff to do within walking distance. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lin H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently returned to my hometown, Springfield, to bury the first of our childhood and high school pals to die. I was joined by several old friends and the Courtyard was simply perfect for us....welcoming, comfortable, good food, good drinks, a nice place to eat, talk, watch the Derby. The staff was so thoughtful and accommodating... we were given a room very close to the lobby which was very helpful to my husband who has trouble walking. All in all, it was a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BonnieDow
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were in Springfield last weekend for my son's wedding and while we were unable to book a block for our party due to the hotel already being booked for a different event, I was able to get a room for the groom (with the bride Saturday night) for a couple of nights so that he would have plenty of space to relax with his pals and spread out. When we were trying to book in December, the staff made another recommendation for our lodging and it was a great choice! That was so much nicer than being told, 'oh well, sorry.' When event time came, we could not have been more pleased with the accommodations (clean, comfortable, stylish) at the Courtyard and the amazing hospitality of the staff. They have a wonderful meeting room off the main lobby in which we were able to hold our after party on Saturday night and gift opening on Sunday morning. That was SOOO convenient. A particular shout out to the manager, Nathan, who really went the extra mile to help us keep everything going smoothly! Great weekend in EVERY respect! Thanks for what you did for us, Courtyard!

Room Tip: Love the suites with the balconies!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Momski54
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on a business trip

The good --
- located near grocery stores
- friendly staff (front desk and coffee shop lady)
- reliable wifi service

The bad
- a bit dated hotel
- it'll take a while to get a cab... I think this holds true to any place in Springfield

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Gilbert B,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you found the Courtyard by Marriott Springfield to have a convenient location, friendly staff and reliable Wi-Fi. On future stays we can arrange for a cab to pick you up so you don't have to wait extended periods. We do hope to see you again on any future trips to the area.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Staff at this Courtyard are outstanding. They are very friendly and welcoming. However, this hotel is in need of remodeling and repairing. The room I stayed in felt like the floor was going to cave in under me. I stay here because it is convenient for business. However, this Courtyard is not deserving of the Marriott name. Please remodel/repair the guest rooms. I gave it 2 stars for the staff and the good food at The Bistro.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen S
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Karen S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the food at our Bistro and that my staff helped to make your stay better. Please accept my apologies that our building did not meet your expectations. We take great pride in our hotel and I'm very sorry this did not shine through during your stay. I hope that if you ever find yourself back in the area that you will allow the Courtyard by Marriott Springfield another opportunity to impress you.