“Not Essential Part of Iceland visit”

Blue Lagoon Iceland
Book In Advance
US$121.81*
Blue Lagoon Spa Including Admission and Roundtrip Transport from Reykjavik
US$250.79*
Viking Horse-Riding Tour and Blue Lagoon Including Admission Fee
US$174.36*
and up
City Sightseeing Tour by Minibus and Blue Lagoon Including Admission with...
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Grindavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Named in 2012 as one of National Geographic's “25 Wonders of the World," Blue Lagoon has evolved from its infancy as a reservoir of geothermal runoff into a world of geothermal wonder. The unique properties of its waters provide not only an enchanting lagoon experience, but also the patented, active ingredients in Blue Lagoon skin care: silica, algae, and minerals. Blue Lagoon is located in a sprawling, 800­ year ­old lava field in the heart of the Reykjanes Peninsula – a UNESCO Geopark. Just 20 minutes from Keflavík International Airport and 50 minutes from Reykjavík, Blue Lagoon is simultaneously remote and easily accessible.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Went on first day of week's holiday. A wee later, I still shudder at the experience : overpriced, unfriendly, overcrowded , very popular with tour buses for the elderly.
I just found it a bit creepy and overhyped. As part of the whole week, I still view it as an underwhelming experience, but one we just had to do , due to its renown. I would strongly recommend you don't bother, save your money and your time and get on and visit the rest of this wonderful island. It is an isolated microcosm of commerciality in Iceland.
By the way, if you end up at Myvatn, go to the Natural Baths there. Much cheaper and less busy - when we went..

1  Thank AdrianH_9

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have seen so many mixed reviews on this place, I was unsure about bothering! Some people I met convinced me that it was worth the trip.
I finished a very long day of hiking and got back to my hotel at 7:40pm. My hotel was able to book me a last minute 8pm departure.
The bus ride there was comfortable in a large bus with complimentary wifi.
Upon arrival, there is a really cool path that leads to the lagoon. I opted for the option that included robe, towel, algae mask, and drink.
Later at night, the lagoon was not very crowded and felt very remote and private.
After my day of hiking, it was very relaxing and absolutely worth experiencing.
I stayed until they closed and enjoyed every relaxing minute...and a few beers!

1  Thank Todd-DJ
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Swimming , floating, relaxing, hanging out in the 38* cloudy with white silt in a massive man made pool.
Worth a three hour stay at least.
Finish up with a beer in the Bar Pool.
Highlight of my Iceland Trip.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We spent a most enjoyable afternoon in Blue Lagoon - arriving at 3pm, we planned to miss out on most of the crowds, however it was still pretty full. That said, it's big enough for it not to feel too overcrowded and it got quieter as the afternoon progressed. We'd booked treatments - massage for me and the kids (6 & 9) and a salt wrap for my wife - these are done in an adjoining pool whilst floating on a mat and really relaxing. There's not too much to do in the main part of the lagoon, aside from painting your face with mud (part of the entrance fee) or an algae face wrap (part of the premium package) and having a drink at the lagoon bar (again, you get a free drink with the premium package). There is no getting away that it's incredibly expensive, particularly considering that you can get into any one of the dozens of geo-thermal pools on the island for less than 1000 Kr. That said, it's still an amazing natural wonder and a great family experience. I'd recommend going in the afternoon and to book into the Lava restaurant for a meal to round off the experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The place is quite expensive but it is worth a visit for the relaxing experience!
Even when there are a lot of people inside, you do not feel it (except maybe for the entrance tickets...).
With a very large pool, a sauna, a steam bath and plenty of silica mud, i would recommend to reserve the place for your last day in Iceland.
You'll be relaxed to take the plane afterwards!