“Fantastic!”

Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Grindavik
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

The food was fantastic, we were travelling with a group of 17. They picked us up at the Blue Lagoon. The fish and chips was awesome. The deep fried banana desert was also great. I Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

What a fantastic way to end our Icelandic adventures. My girlfriend and I have been visiting Iceland from the UK and this was our last night after 6 days on the road. This was without a doubt one of the best meals we have had not only in our trip but in all our eating out experience.

The fact that the chef is also the owner is obvious given the quality of the food and the care that has gone into making it. We were fortunate enough to meet him and have a whistlestop run down of some great blues and local music from his catalogue!

A must visit on any trip to Iceland, my girlfriend had the oven baked salmon it was divine. I had the best fish and chips I've ever had and I grew up on the coast so that is not a small accomplishment! Whilst teh mains were both generous we had the banna fritter for desert, highly recommended! Next time we will definitely try the salted fish.

Thanks for a great night.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Hubby and I found this restaurant via Lonely Planet guide. We got there about 2pm and there were only 2 other tables taken. The service was a bit slow, but overall the food made up for it. We had a lovely fish stew, and the fish of the day (cod) was prepared with an asian chili glaze which was delicious. Hubby had the fish and chips which were very fresh and delicious as well. Glad we put in our order before a very large tour bus arrived!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had dinner here tonight - our last night in Iceland :( We had another great meal at the beginning of our trip at the Fish Market in Reyjkavik - I had the fish of the day - cod and my fiancé had the lamb chops. Both were awesome! The music was great and The decor was rustic... Whereas the fish market was more upscale. The wine was limited compared to the Fish Market who had an extensive list of fine wines...but outstanding food! Thanks!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Staying at the Blue Lagoon tonight, after a ten day drive around the Iceland Ring Road. The restaurant on site wasn't well reviewed, and we already had lobster soup for lunch today (so didn't go to the #1 rated restaurant, which only serves lobster soup!), so went to the #2 spot, Salthusid - and glad we did.
The service was super friendly, the portions were generous, and the prices amongst the best we encountered in all of Iceland. Being a Friday night, the bar was crowded and boisterous, and some locals wanted to watch football on the big screen, so our waitress asked if we'd like to move into the back room. It was awesome, nice and quiet, so we could talk and enjoy the music which really is very good!
And don't listen to people who say it's rude to tip in Iceland, it's NOT rude - it just isn't an 'entitlement' like it is in North America. We had great service all over this country, and tipped every meal, and each time we were genuinely thanked.
Took a picture of our plates after we finished - should tell you how good the food was...