Most people are here for the Blue Lagoon next door. The inn has a shuttle that takes guests to the Blue Lagoon, and to the airport which is not far away. The inn itself is pleasant, nice view of the lava field, cozy common seating areas, nice breakfast buffet, and Northern lights wake up call service (if you are lucky). I find little reason however to stay in this little town unless you're here for the Blue Lagoon next door. For those who don't care about swimming in this man-made lagoon, know that you can access the Blue Lagoon facilities to take pictures, walk around, enjoy the view, their restaurant, etc. But if you set your heart on the Blue Lagoon and could not reserve a room there (it seems packed at all times), this inn will do it nicely for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northern Light Inn - just 1 minute before the Blue Lagoon - is a wonderful place to see the Aurora Borealis, discover Iceland, and enjoy your getaway vacation. 32 geo-thermally heated rooms, free wifi, 24/7 honesty bar, a grand cozy fireplace, and family hospitality await you. Delicious foods from the fjords and fields of Iceland are served in Max's restaurant: ocean fresh fish, free range lamb, geo-thermal vegetables, home baked breads and cakes. 24/7 complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and home made cookies are always available in the lobby for guests, and make-your-own Icelandic waffles every day. We offer free scheduled International Airport transfers from 06:00 (05:00 from the hotel) until 21:00, and complimentary regular shuttles to the Blue Lagoon. The Northern Light inn and Max's Restaurant are 20 minutes from Keflavik International Airport KEF, 45 from Reykjavik, 3 hours from London, and less than 6 from New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northern Light Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Light Hotel Grindavik
- Northern Light Grindavik
- Northern Light Inn Iceland/Grindavik