We stayed here after a late flight from London. We were met at the airport and driven out to the hotel about 15mins. Our driver was friendly and told us about the places we drove past. The Geo thermal plant right next door to the hotel gave off an eerie glow which added to the sense of adventure. Although after midnight when we we arrived it was a warm welcome . There were hot drinks available in the lounge area, our host went onto the internet to look up the aurora forecast, they had come early on our arrival night! He also showed us a way to Rekjavik the next day that would take us past the hot springs and a lake. We slept soundly and had a lovely breakfast before heading off on our adventure. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Light Inn & Max’s Restaurant, just 1 minute before the Blue Lagoon, is a unique place to stay, enjoy a delicious meal, see the Aurora Borealis (conditions permitting) and discover Iceland. It's 20 minutes from Keflavik International Airport-KEF, 45 from Reykjavik, 3 hours from London, and about 6 from New York. We offer an exclusive Airport Taxi service with the lowest prices, and free scheduled shuttles to the Blue Lagoon. 24/7 complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and you can make-your-own Icelandic waffles every day in the living room. Max's restaurant serves ocean fresh fish, free range lamb, geo-thermal vegetables, home baked breads and cakes. Vegetarian options are always available too. 42 geo-thermally heated rooms, free wifi, 24/7 honesty bar, a grand cozy fireplace, and family hospitality await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northern Light Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Light Hotel Grindavik
- Northern Light Grindavik
- Northern Light Inn Iceland/Grindavik