We stayed here for our last night in Iceland and were very happy with the hotel. The family room was large and spacious with a double bed and two twins, and a good-sized bathroom. The beds were very comfortable, and the room was very clean and seemed brand new. There are a two public lounge areas with big comfy sofas and chairs, an honour bar, and a chess board. We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was good, but plain, with a limited menu. The kids' pasta was a great value and my son enjoyed it. Breakfast was very good, this was the only hotel of the eight we stayed at to offer scrambled eggs and smoked salmon in addition to the usual choices. We really appreciated the complimentary Blue Lagoon and airport shuttles, both of which helped make this hotel a good value. The hotel is less than 20 minutes to the airport, and it was really nice not having to worry about a long transfer. We would definitely stay here again if we are ever so lucky to visit Iceland a second time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northern Light Inn - just 1 minute before the Blue Lagoon - is a wonderful place to see the Aurora Borealis, discover Iceland, and enjoy your getaway vacation. 32 geo-thermally heated rooms, free wifi, 24/7 honesty bar, a grand cozy fireplace, and family hospitality await you. Delicious foods from the fjords and fields of Iceland are served in Max's restaurant: ocean fresh fish, free range lamb, geo-thermal vegetables, home baked breads and cakes. 24/7 complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and home made cookies are always available in the lobby for guests, and make-your-own Icelandic waffles every day. We offer free scheduled International Airport transfers from 06:00 (05:00 from the hotel) until 21:00, and complimentary regular shuttles to the Blue Lagoon. The Northern Light inn and Max's Restaurant are 20 minutes from Keflavik International Airport KEF, 45 from Reykjavik, 3 hours from London, and less than 6 from New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Northern Light Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Light Hotel Grindavik
- Northern Light Grindavik
- Northern Light Inn Iceland/Grindavik