The Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel is the place to go for the ultimate peaceful experience. The hotel's minimalist decor blends perfectly with the austere geography of the surroundings - it is set in a black lava field reminiscent of a Dr Who set - and it has its own milky blue lagoon. Floating in the hot steaming waters in sub-zero temperatures is the most serene experience imaginable. Just close your eyes and float away mentally into the ether.
The rooms are spacious, the uncluttered bathrooms have powerful showers, the bedlinen is silky smooth. The breakfast room looks out through a glass wall onto the hotel's lagoon; gazing out into the misty blue is the perfect start to a day .
Hotel guests enjoy free access to the Blue Lagoon (a short walk away through the lava field), with its steam rooms, sauna and amazing restaurant (book in advance). Avoid the coachloads of tourists at the main lagoon by going a hour before closing time - you'll have the place to yourself.
The ultimate de-stressing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik