There is something rather strange about walking through a lava field in a driving snowstorm only to strip off down to swimwear and plunge into the milky blue waters of a steaming lagoon.
A stay in the Blue Lagoon Clinic is an unmissable experience. Sitting Zen-like in the middle of a lava field, this small hotel is luxurious and peaceful and guests receive a free pass to the famous Blue Lagoon a ten minute walk away. The Clinic even has its own exclusive mini lagoon within the hotel, so an early morning wallow followed by breakfast in the dining room whilst clad in a fluffy white robe is an unusual but perfectly acceptable way to start the day.
A stay at this hotel is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik