My husband met me in Iceland on his journey back from Iraq, and we stayed at the Blue Lagoon. It was beautiful, romantic, and so relaxing. I do not believe that I have ever slept better! The one and only negative, is that we wish that they would offer room service, it was cold and snowy, and we would have loved to order room service many times during the week. The Blue Lagoon Spa is amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik