We had a great stay at the blue lagoon, especially after our 10 day adventure throughout iceland! The rooms were large, comfortable and clean. The staff was wonderful and helpful - breakfast was normal and standard (nothing special). The value to stay at the lagoon is definitely there! Included in our room rate was a pass for the blue lagoon the day of check in and the day of checkout (80euro value each time)- also included bathrooms and towels which is normally extra. (we only stayed one night). We also used their private lagoon - but be aware that hours are limited (9-11am and only 8-10pm). It was a perfect place to unwind- and it was nice to have the private lagoon. There are only 15 rooms - so BOOK EARLY! worth it !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik