My wife and I stayed at the Blue Lagoon Clinic hotel on our first night in Iceland. We arrived early in the morning as our flight arrived at 6:30am. Our room was not ready upon our arrival so we rested in their great lounge area and we enjoyed their great breakfast buffet. We used our free entry into the Blue Lagoon for the entire day. Once we returned our room was ready. The room was spacious and had a great view of the lava rocks. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom had not only a heated floor but also a towel rack. We drove to Grindavik for dinner at the Salthusid (excellent) and returned to use the Clinic's private lagoon from 8-10pm. There is nothing quite like being out in the blue water at night. It was incredibly relaxing and worth the price of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and I recommend this hotel to anyone headed to Iceland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik