Blue lagoon Clinic – Of out eight day trip to Iceland the Clinic was a big disappointment to spend our last night in Iceland at; the receptionist was very unfriendly and never explained any of the facilities at the hotel. There was no bar or restaurant, the room was showing signs of wear and tear and the atmosphere was non-existent. The vision of the blue lagoon and the surrounding lava field was stunning and picturesque at night, we never ventured into the lagoon because the staff never clearly explained how as guests we could use the facility even though I asked again the procedure to enter the lagoon. We had an early check out and they kindly opened the breakfast facilities for us. The hotel was not for us but I can see the attraction that the clinic can offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik