We stayed here for one night in early November once we arrived Keflavik.For those who intend to drive there and is getting directions from the gps,please make sure that there are 2 blue lagoons.Make a left turn to the first blue lagoon instead of the 2nd one cuz the first one leads to the clinic(hotel) while the 2nd one leads to the main(public) blue lagoon.
The room is simple and clean and u start to wonder why u paid so much for it.But when you see the view from the patio or balcony ,you will understand why. It was as if you were staying on a different planet with rock formation covered with moss.We stayed in room 4 and the view was out of this world!
Another perk was the usage of the private blue lagoon pool .You enter the pool indoors and make your way out through a little door.It was nice being in a pool with only a few others as the clinic(hotel) has only about 15 rooms.
Breakfast was average,not much of a variety ,starts at 8am and ends at 10am.
If you want to have a feel of being with the crowd (like the pics of blue lagoon seen on the net), you can ask from the reception for complimentary tickets .It will be free for guests of the clinic.
To get to the main blue lagoon ,you need to drive.Walking in the cold wind in November is not advisable...especially if you have a 4 year old kid with you.Upon reaching the main BL, we realised that having the private pool was much better as you may need to join a long queue(even in Nov!) and worse of all,no privacy as u see too many naked bodies in the changing room(u need to shower without ur swimming gear before you enter and the showers are opened ones).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik