We stayed here for one night but would happily have done another. The rooms are spacious, clean and contemporary and the floor to ceiling windows make for amazing views of the lava fields. The private pool lagoon is warmer than the main and cleverly designed - we had rooms 14/15 with views of it and could literally fall out of bed, into the lounge, changing rooms and reception. In fact, we didn't need to use the changing room but the moisturizer is amazing in there! The lifeguard was brilliant, informative, friendly and willingly took photos for us. Barbara on reception was equally lovely, arranging taxis etc. There isn't a bar or lobby as such but the small lounge area is lovely and adequate for the number of guests staying (it felt very personal, we barely saw anyone!).
The only 'criticism' is that an official shuttle is not provided between the clinic and the main lagoon - ensure your taxi takes you there else walk the gravel path dragging cases for ten mins, hopefully not in freezing gales as we had to. HOWEVER, the rest of the time, due to the weather, staff took us across in their own cars, including to the restaurant and back in the evening as walking in the evening which was excellent service all round. The LAVA restaurant was superb, not at all busy and food excellent with superb views of the lagoon. Great place to relax before our flight home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik