Loved this hotel for our first night in Iceland. We arrived in Iceland early morning, spent day at Blue Lagoon, and stayed at the Clinic Hotel that night. Very peaceful and clean. Good continental breakfast. great private hot spring pool, and easy and pretty walk to Lagoon. Also, good place to see the Northern Lights.
Dinner at Lava Restaurant at the Lagoon was wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik