I would generally agree with what is written by the two reviewers directly below - so i won't repeat what they have said - but i did want to emphasize some points about the clinic:
1. It is a clinic and not a hotel and not a spa. So have that expectation in mind when you arrive. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the small patio of each room overlooking the lava fields is quite something! You sleep very soundly as it is soooo quiet - not a place for children.
2. If you have dietary issues, bring your own food to eat. Breakfast is decent but is quite basic (you won't be getting a fresh made omelette or waffles here - it's more like a boiled egg with some fruit, cereal, meats, yoghurts and cheeses). We went for dinner at the Lava Restaurant at the main lagoon site - it is the only place to get lunch/dinner. The food and service was very good.
3. The FlyBus drops you off outside the main Blue Lagoon and not outside the clinic. Therefore, if you take the FlyBus and have luggage, be prepared to drag it 10 minutes along a gravel path - it's a lovely view but not the easiest thing to do however.
4. The clinic offers treatment of psoriasis only and does not offer general massages/spa services which is a shame - you have to go to the main site for those.
5. The clinic lagoon is in my opinion nicer than the main site lagoon.
6. The bike rental was really cheap and lots of fun - we got to bike around to a small industrial fishing village - the landscape was lovely and the air clean. I'm surprised the clinic doesn't advertize the bike rental more.
7. There is one computer in the clinic lounge where you can use the internet.
I highly recommend going there for serenity and the hot springs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik