This is my favorite place to stay when arriving in or departing from Iceland. The proximity to the airport makes it very easy to incorporate this lovely place into travel plans. My boyfriend and I arrived to Iceland very early in the morning, and the staff at the Clinic were able to check us in to the room early. That was very appreciated, as it allowed us to unpack and go for a swim immediately. The pool at the Clinic has been so relaxing and lovely that I haven't been to the large public Blue Lagoon pool yet.
The beds are fantastic, and the rooms are spacious and quiet. There are expansive views from each room, however the rooms and their patios feel very private. It's a perfect location for lounging in the provided bathrobes after relaxing in the pool.
Breakfast is a typical Scandinavian fare of meats, cheeses, boiled eggs, fruit, cereal and yogurt. Dinner at the Blue Lagoon is nice, but expensive. Friends of mine have taken picnic foods for dinner when they stay at the Clinic, and I think that I will do the same during my next stay.
I highly recommend the Blue Lagoon Clinic for restful solitude or for a cozy, romantic excursion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a stunning lava landscape, Silica Hotel is just ten minutes' walk from the Blue Lagoon. The hotel offers its own private bathing lagoon, available for hotel guests every day from 09:00 to 22:00. The Hotel has won several design awards. Built in harmony with the surrounding landscape, it offers an oasis of calm, relaxation, and healing. The hotel has 35 bright and spacious double/twin rooms. All rooms offer private facilities and a veranda, with breathtaking views of the surrounding lava fields. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Grindavik
- Blue Lagoon Clinic Hotel Grindavik
- Silica Hotel Iceland/Grindavik