“Excellent place to stay.”
Review of Guesthouse Nonni

Guesthouse Nonni
Ranked #3 of 10 Hella B&B and Inns
Northern Ireland
“Excellent place to stay.”
Reviewed 26 March 2012 via mobile

We have just left Guesthouse Nonni after two nights in Hella. We found Nonni to be a wealth of information and very helpful sorting out a days trip for us when our first choice was cancelled due to roads being closed. We saw some great sights that he recommended off the beaten tourist track. Breakfasts were special with a lot of the breads being homemade. Also fascinating to hear first hand about Icelandic news and culture. Highly recommended.

Stayed March 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Thanks Nonni for inviting us to your home. We very much enjoyed the wonderful breakfast and your wonderful company.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hansley Y
Berlin, Deutschland
Reviewed 18 March 2012

A year ago my husband and I started to make plans for our honeymoon in May to Iceland, looking for a place to stay we found the "Guesthouse Nonni" it was the best place we could stay. Nonni is just adorable and the best guide you can find, he has inside tips and stories to tell, you can even learn a bit of the language too. Breakfast was the best time to talk about the day and planning where to go, it feels like home!
We wanted to come back to Iceland, and next time we will repeat our stay there.
Thank you for everything! It was such a great time. I'm sorry I'm writing this a year later, things happens… everyday I remember how great was last year, May is near and I know I will miss to be there again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Carolina_Ruiz
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon, and Nonni made us a honeymoon cake (see picture!). This is a great place to stay in the Hella area and if you don't mind guesthouses. Nonni is so welcoming, friendly, and goes out of his way to make sure you are comfortable. If you're happy, he is happy! (We had also stayed in another place called Hellirinn in Hella, and Nonni's does not compare to this other place). Definitely a lovely host and highly recommend if you are going through this area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Montpellier, France
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I don't think I could have found a better place to stay.
Nonni is proud of his country and makes a considerable effort to ensure that his guests make the most of their time visiting. I think he'd be upset if anyone left his guesthouse less than 100% satisfied with their stay.
The house is warm and comfortable and spotlessly clean. The breakfast served was a variety of breads, waffles and pancakes, mostly homemade, served with cold meats, eggs, jam and salad. All delicious and always more than I could eat. Good coffee too.
I learnt more about Iceland and its history over breakfast than I ever could have done in a Tourist Information office.
I have never felt more welcome and comfortable whilst traveling abroad.
Thank you Nonni!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank xfwng
Novo mesto
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Our two nights at Nonni's were the highlight of our trip through winter Iceland. The rooms were comfortable, clean, breakfast was delicious and there are no words to describe Nonni. He is just the best host you could possibly think of... warm, kind, entertaining, very helpfull (got all the information about our trip), an excellent cook...
A stay at Guesthouse Nonni is a must if you are visitng Iceland. We are surely staying here on our next visit to this wonderful country!
Thank you very much Nonni!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tamara G
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We visited Nonni at August 2011 and that was our best stay in Iceland (and we made the whole circle!) Nonni is e extremely helpful, excellent cook and one of the wormest personalities I've ever met. We are not very sociable but at nonni's place we had one of the best evenings round the table. We are really looking forward meeting Nonni again. As to the environment - house has a small lawn in front of it, kitchen is well equipped, rooms are comfortable, and so on. It is a perfect place not just to stay for a sleep, but to live for a few days.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marinka239
Nonni43, Owner at Guesthouse Nonni, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Marina and Vlad!
So good to hear from you, and thank you so much for your great review. What a privilege for me to stay at my home and get such a nice guests like you are staying with me.

I really hope to meet you again, may be in St. Petersbourg, a town I very much would like to visit.

All the best
Nonni
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hella
Stracta Hotel Hella
#2 of 10 in Hella
Hotel Kanslarinn
Hotel Kanslarinn
#4 of 10 in Hella

Been to Guesthouse Nonni? Share your experiences!