All reviews remote hotel remove shoes vegetarian burger blue plastic staff was extremely helpful starting point sleeping bag accommodation cod skyr your luggage wheel drive tiny bathroom reception area decent size after a long day great restaurant gas station
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We landed here after a booking from our travel agency. If we would have known what it's worth, we definitely would not have come.the rooms are very basic, the staff unfriendly and there is one shower for about 12 rooms. I strongly recommend going to the region of Fludir instead which is only 45 minutes away and has plenty of places to stay. The only good thing in this guesthouse is the free wifi with which one can write reviews...

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Adrian5853
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a great night in this place. Its in the middle of no where and looks very uninspiring from the outside. We had one of the smarter rooms with an ensuite - these rooms looked much better than the cheaper ones with shared facilities. They're more modern, larger and on a wing of the building which was quieter as not as many people walked past the room.The breakfast was good and dinner was fine too - burgers, soup, ssalad bar etc. Staff are friendly.

Room Tip: Pay more have have an ensuite room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights as a part of a tour. The rooms are basic but warm and clean as is the rest of the property. The staff were indifferent at best. The dinner was very mediocre and breakfast was poor. Before our stay the had been snow which had turned into sheet ice all around the entrance and the access at the rear to the deck and hot tub. Nothing was done to clear this despite the Manager boasting that he had a cushy job as there was little to do. CLEAR THE ICE IS WAS A SAFETY HAZZARD would be my advice! Try the Hotel Ranga which is superb. Avoid this one if at all possible.

Room Tip: They all appeared to be the same.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MagicMan52
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at Hrauneyjar Highland Center for one night, at first I was disappointed to see the run-down very basic facilities and furniture. However we had such a fantastic service that the look of the guesthouse didn't really matter.
The staff welcomed us, answered all our questions, helped us plan our trip, prepared the sauna for us, prepared dinner, arranged for us to have breakfast early, replied to my email a week later when I thought I had lost my driving licence in the hotel....I could go on, but the point is they are very friendly and helpful.
The room we originally booked was clean but quite small and old. We were upgraded to a nicer room since the bathroom fan in our room was broken. The new room we stayed in was lovely and modern.
We also enjoyed using the sauna and the dinner was very good.
Thank you to Hrauneyjar Guesthouse for a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mondomulia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was first taken aback when we arrived and had to negotiate 2 feet of snow to get to the reception, but what an incredible place. Completely isolated, with basic rooms but very good breakfast and evening meal and the best place to see the Northern lights. I will never forget this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple