“You'll wish you could stay longer”

Alfasteinn Guesthouse- Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 15 things to do in Hella
Augusta, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You'll wish you could stay longer”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Your host, Agust Runarsson, will make your entire group feel as if they have known him for years. None of us had met him previously when he picked up our group at Keflavik airport. Within 10 minutes, it felt as if we had been working one-on-one for weeks. By the end of the morning, it was as if he had been a part of our group for years.

Agusta selected destinations and activities that matched us perfectly. He was a great host - understanding our needs/expectaions while exposing us to something new without us feeling pushed.

I plan to bring my family back for an adventure soon.

Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
South Burlington, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phenominal Experience”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Agust, the owner & host, is what I would describe as a concierge Icelandic adventure ambassador. My first trip to Alfasteinn house was a fast paced 4 day adventure trip with 5 guys, while my second trip was a slower paced family trip. What struck me most on these trips was Agust's ability to read people, anticipate needs, and deliver in ways that are totally unexpected. He pays attention to the details and makes subtle adjustments that enhances the experience. Agust's experience & knowledge of the Island allows you to not only see the amazing popular sights but also the hidden gems. We hiked volcanoes roasting lamb dogs on the earth, hiked through narrow canyons to remote waterfalls, rode horseback to natural hot springs, & explored remote caves among other adventures. On the caving trip he pointed out this little restaurant, that was closed for the season, that had the best Icelandic pancakes. After we mentioned how nice it would have been to go he made a secret call to his friend who owned the restaurant and surprised us by taking us there after the caves. Each adventure had little surprises like this. At the end of the trips Agust also sent us amazing pictures that he had taken throughout. This is by far the best value in Iceland.

Visited July 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Alfasteinn is not to be missed”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Agust Runarsson, owner and host at Alfansteinn Guesthouse provides not only superb hospitality, but will make your stay in Iceland the best possible experience. He will personalize your tour, listens carefully to what you want to do and then plans very specifically. Alfasteinn is very comfortable and homey where you will have a view of Hekla and Iceland horses roaming around beautiful meadows. I am a photographer and during my four visits Agust has taken me to the most incredible places.

Visited March 2014
Galisteo, New Mexico
“Friendly, great location, highly recommend”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was my second time staying here, and I really recommend it. It is a great location in the country, easy to get to nearby natural attractions, very peaceful. Host Agust Runarsson was able to guide us on exciting excursions to an ice cave and the iceberg beach during the winter, and during the summer, on hiking trips to volcanoes, numerous waterfalls, geysers, etc. -- always coming back to his comfy, friendly guest house. This is a great find.

Visited March 2014
Kopavogur, Iceland
“Check this out people!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

In june 2013 I stayed in Alfasteinn guesthouse with a wonderful host Agust Runarsson. I and my twins (15 years) stayed with him for one week and experiensed the time of our lives. Agust is such a wonderful host and he shared to us all kinds of trips, such as horse riding, mountain climbing, regular paths, wolcanoe experience and cave experiences. Among things, we walked glacier walk on Solheimajökull and explored caves tour and view from Agust's home is superb to Eyjafjallajokull glacier and Hekla volcano.
All the days ended at Agust's fabulous home with local foods in a faboulous atmosphere with hot tubs and sauna in the evening. I love it! Thank you Agust. Love you! Look forward comming back. I highly regommend this. Agust is fun and a fabolous host and guide. Check it out people!

Visited June 2013